Beatdom (1 Viewer)

I've skimmed through Beatdom, and I think there might be a few articles there worth reading.
Thanks for the link, Ponder!

Last edited by a moderator:
I discovered another magazine dedicated to the beat generation.
You can download it for free: http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_62/1143000/1143283/2/print/Beatdom-Issue1-No_Cover.pdf

If you're familiar with Kevin Ring's Beat Scene, www.beatscene.net you'll be very dissapointed in "Beatdom".
My 99 eurocents.

Ouch. I think that fans of Beat Scene would also enjoy Beatdom. Maybe they'd agree with you that Beat Scene is better, but Beatdom is extremely popular right now.

It is pretty tough to read the pdf as it is set up wrong, so that sometimes you have to go back a page to read the next page. Is there also a print version?

Bill

Beatdom issue #1 is a "David Wills" one man show.
Totally unbalanced.

Power to the people.

I doubt that Beatdom is "extremely" popular now.
It smells like unrealistic propaganda.

It is pretty tough to read the pdf as it is set up wrong, so that sometimes you have to go back a page to read the next page. Is there also a print version?
I know the third issue isn't set up very well because there were some huge technical problems, but I thought One, Two and Four were working fine. This is the first complaint I've received, so I thank you for bringing that to my attention.

There is a print version of issues one, two and four (like I said - huge problems with #3). They are expensive and glossy, and they look really good.

Beatdom issue #1 is a "David Wills" one man show.
Totally unbalanced.

Power to the people.

I doubt that Beatdom is "extremely" popular now.
It smells like unrealistic propaganda.
Yeah, I wrote a lot for Issue One, and people seemed to like it. With the popularity of the first issue, many other writers began submitting work, and we were able to diversify.

I understand that the word 'extremely' is subjective... But Beatdom really is very popular for a literary journal. We don't sell as many copies as Rolling Stone or other glossy magazines, but we sell far more than most literary journals.

I did some research on Beatdom and I noticed many contradictions
on how many copies you sold, how many members are on your forum, etc.
It is a big list.
I also read some misleading adds. for instance: on the front cover of
one of the issues it says; interview with Gary Snyder...
You've printed 2 or 3 emails you shared with him and Snyder had nothing to say.
( I always respect Snyder a lot.)

Oh well, it is your toy and of course I read a few good articles
but over all I find it a bad magazine.
Sorry for the negative review but I can't lie.

Ponder - I respect you a lot for your honesty. People send me a lot of e-mails about Beatdom and they're all overwhelmingly positive... People don't seem to notice the spelling errors and stupid little mistakes (issue one had a spelling error on one of the page headings, and issue two had a big mistake in the first paragraph of the first page...)

People never usually tell me what's wrong with the magazine, and I thank you for doing so. Criticism will make the next issue better.

The website has been hit pretty badly in recent weeks by some weird attack... Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The e-mail address for the site never works now, and I'm trying to fix that, but my internet skills are pretty limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back