Boxing (2 Viewers)

mayweather is one of the most unlikable athletes i've ever seen or heard.

it was such bullshit how everyone tried to hype it as the "FIGHT OF THE CENTURY!!!"

louis vs shmelling, ali-frazier 1... mayweather vs paquaio?

give me a fuckin break, the only thing historical was how overpaid those two were..

so,being a fan of the sport and re uping the thread,im curious about,,,, was buk keen regarding boxing?,did he actually attend boxing matches?what was his opinion about the sport?

He loved it. And he used to take his girls to box matches.
There's a scene in that 1976 German documentary (included in Born Into This DVD) where he shows off in front of "Cupcakes" and the film crew in his apartment, doing some boxing stuff:
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
He liked boxing (sport?) in general. For instance, in The Captain... he sees it as a metaphor:
For my own writing, I like to watch the boxing matches, watch how the left jab is used, the overhand right, the left hook, the uppercut, the counter punch. I like to watch them dig in, come off the canvas. There is something to be learned, something to be applied to the art of writing, the way of writing. You have just one chance and then it’s gone. There are only pages left, you might as well make them smoke.
He also liked some of the boxers - read Goodbye Watson in Erections...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back