Bukowskis childhood (1 Viewer)

Hello all, this is my first time posting in a thread here.
I writing a research paper on our favorite writers childhood and was hoping you could help me out.

Can you please post the names of poems and short stories that are about Bukowskis childhood.

A good poem would be We Ain't Got No Money, Honey, But We Got Rain. And a good short story on the subject is called (I think) 'Son of Satan'...reads like an outtake chapter of Ham on Rye, it's about him and his little gang of neighborhood tough kids beating up another kid for lying about fucking some girl. I may be getting the title wrong. I think it's in South of No North. Anyway it's good, it ends with him hiding under the bed from his dad.

Buy the Novel "Ham on Rye". That novel is about his childhood. You could also buy "Run With the Hunted and just read the first few chapters. That has poems and stories and I believe that it is arranged in some kind of chronological order.

Bill

How is it your research paper if others do the research for you?

If Bukowski is in fact "our favourite writer", you would have as much access to his oeuvre as any of us.

Perhaps if you showed a bit of effort yourself others might be more inclined to help you.

I writing a research paper on ... Bukowskis childhood.
...and a word of advice (not to be a ball buster), but you my want to check your grammar and punctuation on the final paper :) I know that forums don't need to be dead on, but in your two sentence request to get help with a writing assignment, you missed 2 apostrophes, one question mark, One comma where a period should be, One wrong word (I writing).

I just sayin....

Bill

A good poem would be We Ain't Got No Money, Honey, But We Got Rain. And a good short story on the subject is called (I think) 'Son of Satan'...reads like an outtake chapter of Ham on Rye, it's about him and his little gang of neighborhood tough kids beating up another kid for lying about fucking some girl. I may be getting the title wrong. I think it's in South of No North. Anyway it's good, it ends with him hiding under the bed from his dad.
thank you

Buy the Novel "Ham on Rye". That novel is about his childhood. You could also buy "Run With the Hunted and just read the first few chapters. That has poems and stories and I believe that it is arranged in some kind of chronological order.

Thank you very much.

...and a word of advice (not to be a ball buster), but you my want to check your grammar and punctuation on the final paper :) I know that forums don't need to be dead on, but in your two sentence request to get help with a writing assignment, you missed 2 apostrophes, one question mark, One comma where a period should be, One wrong word (I writing).

I realized a long time ago I have a grammar problem. I always get papers proof read before handing them in! Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back