Bukowski's popularity in Europe (1 Viewer)

I'm an american that was raised in an italian family and for years I've noticed that Bukowski seems to be quoted left and right by the Europeans and yet I've yet to meet a single fellow american in my "social network" that enjoys (or even knows of) Bukowski. Why the hell do you guys think this is? I almost think it says something about us really. I remember noticing it years ago and then recently, as I've utilized the internet to make more european friends, I've really begun to notice that all sorts of people from over there are down with Bukowski. Even super pretty girls and stuff. I have to admit: it's kind of mind-blowing. I was curious to have some feedback on this phenomenon. Thanks in advance.

I'm an american... I've yet to meet a single fellow american in my "social network" that enjoys (or even knows of) Bukowski.

I almost think it says something about us really.
Leave "almost" out and you said it all.
:D

There's something basically wrong with you Americans. I guess you (have to) work too much.
Look at the French.

:p

Last edited:
Im British and discovered Bukowski through a South African lad living in Saudi. Everyone can relate to his wotk in some way.

Anyhow some chicks just like being called a whore and cunt. Hot or not!

I wrote in italian for Giuseppe,sorry!!"in Italia negli ultimi anni le vendite e la sua diffusione sono notevolmente aumentate grazie alle ristampe della feltrinelli"
in the picture there are all reprints of the last year in Italy

$_35.JPG

Not just Americans, Bukowski is largely a ghost in the great white north as well far as I can tell, with he exception of a few good Canucks on this forum, of course. I guess the Europeans are just ahead of the curve again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back