can u help? (1 Viewer)

oh poor poor me. sob sob, My name is Haight (hate) I was called hate and now I am numb to it.
You are right Father Luke, again as always.

Thread resurrection and a question

I'm looking for a Buk poem I read years ago but I cant remember where or when. One line was "this old man's a son-of-a-bitch" or something similar and another is something like "every time you see him some woman has just left forever--he tries to play it off with bravado" I know its not much but if anybody knows where its from I appreciate the help

Wondering (a) why this thread suddenly sprang back to life after two years, and (b) did the poor bastard ever find the poem from the original post? Doesn't look like it. Oh well, as I always say, sometimes it takes a long time for nothing to happen.

I'm looking for a Buk poem I read years ago but I cant remember where or when. One line was "this old man's a son-of-a-bitch" or something similar and another is something like "every time you see him some woman has just left forever--he tries to play it off with bravado" I know its not much but if anybody knows where its from I appreciate the help

Ta-da.

That would be 'a laugh a minute' from The Last Night of the Earth Poems.

You're welcome.

And sorry for the delay.

:cool:

Hank, as usual you're brilliant, but the poor SOB from the original post is probably DEAD by now. Maybe we should start a thread on THAT. Same with the guy whose lone post on this forum asked about the "blew my load on her breasts" story and I got back to him a few years later. Probably pushing up daisies and has forgotten all about the story, not to mention bukowski.net.

Sheesh.

HarryC13; Maybe not dead but now posting in the I love Barry Manilow forum.

Yes, I just posted there too to inform him that 'Mandy' is actually a song about alcoholism. So maybe he'll come back to us here.

Yes, I just posted there too to inform him that 'Mandy' is actually a song about alcoholism. So maybe he'll come back to us here.

Wow! hank solo you are so right. Now my entire Barry Manilow collection has taken on a whole new light. Thank you!

No wonder I only listened to Barry when I was drunk.

Seriously Barry Manilow is an american treasure like Roy Orbison.

Well, Copacabana is certainly about alcoholism ...

(She drank herself half-blind)

... oh my God, we're talking Barry Manilow in a Bukowski forum.

... oh my God, we're talking Barry Manilow in a Bukowski forum.

Yes Barry Manilow is the opposite of Bukowski.....fire and ice.

I wonder if Barry Manilow reads Bukowski. Maybe he's on the forum.:)

I write the poems that make the whole world read.

I should take this to the ideas please thread. Bukowski crashes a party at Manilows house and takes a shit in the kitchen sink. Then cleans up with the dish towel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back