• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

C'Mon, now!!!!! (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
I'm not sure if this guy is on the forum, but he clearly has been here as he stole the home page Bukowski image that was taken by Sam Cherry and has made his own shirts. He even modeled them. Pity, it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARLES-BUKOWSK...39:1|66:2|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Something about the model and his glass of bourbon that seems just wrong. At least they will know that they have the right guy when the folks that own the rights to Robocop of the Cherry family sue him.

Bill

BUKOWSKIPINK3.jpg

WANTED:

DEAD OR ALIVE: White shemale, drinking gingerale night and day, wearing sunglasses, etc, etc, etc.

The guy in the tattoo looks like the thin one in Laurel and Hardy ---must be Stan Laurel. (You know, the comedy team in silent films, long ago)

LOL! Whoever the guy is, he has one hell of a bump on his head.

The model has some nice shoes on and he wet himself a lot earlier so it has dried a bit.

i saw one of those shirts without the pink bottles flying around earlier this week. must have added them to it when nobody bought the damn thing. what a fucking gyp.

i wonder how much they had to pay DC comics for the rights to use the 'swamp thing' image...

WANTED:

DEAD OR ALIVE: White shemale, drinking gingerale night and day, wearing sunglasses, etc, etc, etc.

Come on, don't you like ginger ale drinking metrosexuals, with nice tattoos and shades, wearing Bukowski T-shirts? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
not to keep this waste of a thread going (no offense to anyone) but man oh man, some people need to quit watching daytime television. I guess this guy missed the male version of America's Next Top Model. Either that or he didnt make the cut and was forced to wear a picture of somebody else uglier than himself on his chest.

did that make sense?

When Bill first posted this about 3 weeks ago, the asking price was $24.99...

Looks like someone isn't having a lot of success with selling these - and now they're having a "Major Major T-Shirt Sale".

Since it's listed as "rare" and "available for a limited time only", we better get them while we can at the bargain basement price of only $9.99!

I can shit in a bag and number it 1/1, but that does not mean that it has any value to anyone (Except the CIA). It would be rare, or even unique, but worthless garbage all the same.

Bill

I can shit in a bag and number it 1/1, but that does not mean that it has any value to anyone (Except the CIA). It would be rare, or even unique, but worthless garbage all the same.
I suppose there's a buyer for ANYTHING though. I mean... limited, numbered shit? What if you tip in a little something special... like green food coloring?

After posting that in three different threads, it actually appears that you are willing to trade. :cool: I'll bite: what sort of trade item are you looking for?

in 1982 Black Sparrow Press produced a line of Buk tee and sweatshirts with an original R. Crumb caricature of Buk on the front. They came in 6 different colors and were a huge hit with booksellers.

https://bukowskiforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=891&d=1222919409

I have 3 of those unworn tee shirts remaining. Nope, they are not for sale, but maybe for trading. :D

Bill,
Do these t-shirts still STANK? I'm trying to figure out if the ones with the unpleasant odor are originals or, more likely, bootlegs....

Thanks,
Bill

Bill,

These are the original Hanes underwear products and carry no scent at all. Do you have any idea of the value of them?

Purple Stickpin,

Early on in my career, I used to foolishly throw away left over BSP broadsides by the dozens. Today I miss having those as part of my collection. I have no idea of the tee shirts value, but would part with one of them for a copy of the Love Poem to Marina broadside in very fine condition or any earlier ones. I learned later to start saving the excess broadsides and have many copies of later broadsides (always fearful of flooding the market) that I would also like to trade for early ones or even for books I am missing.

I also have many duplicate BSP NYG copies in wrappers that I'm open to trade.

What say you or anyone else?

Also, I am unaware of any thread posting limitations. Did I miss something?

Bill

Hi,
We have talked on the forum about the plastic on the shirts having a very strong smell to them. This is probably caused by the plastic that is used by the bootleggers, but I was curious if the originals have the same smell. I have no idea about value. I guess that with the overabundance of fakes, having a real one would be cool, but may not have too much value in a collectible sense.

But then, I could be 100% wrong. I have never understood people paying $600 for the Bukowski/Richmond LP....

Bill

Bill,

I have given up on guessing at book prices and ephemeral materials because I don't even come close. While doing my book inventory I came across three volumes that Douglas Messerli of Sun & Moon Press had signed and inscribed to me by Paul Auster the author. I thought how nice Doug had been to me. All of the copies he ever sent me from the press were autographed. After I looked up Auster's three novels on ABE, if I wore Depends I would have had to change them. Check it out for yourself >>> The New York Trilogy: City of Glass, Ghosts, The Locked Room (inscribed and signed).

So guessing values and I have absolutely nothing in common.

Bill

The New York Trilogy: City of Glass, Ghosts, The Locked Room (inscribed and signed).

A book dealer urged me to buy City of Glass at cover price when it came out. Said it was a great book, issued in a small number and guaranteed to gain in value.

I passed on it.

Stupid me.

What say you or anyone else?

Also, I am unaware of any thread posting limitations. Did I miss something?

Bill

Oh no, not at all, Bill. It's just that the first time I saw it, you stated something like "and they're not for sale." Then, in the next two, you included something about trade (if I recall correctly). So, it was clear you were quite interested in letting people know about them. I figured, OK, three mentions; let see what he's looking for in trade...

I'm afraid the only broadside of any real value I have (and it's not really valuble) is Night Work, by Toothpast Press, 1981. Maybe someone else here has more of what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back