Completionist

I just discovered this forum, I have never been in a forum so I’m not sure how it works.

I’m looking to read through everything that was published during Bukowskis lifetime, things he knew were going to be published. Does anyone have a list? I’m only working on books, books of poetry, anthologies, and his novels. I’ve finished all of his novels and a few anthologies. I’ll work on the articles, letters, and other later on as it’s overwhelming. But if anyone has a list of his book publications, excluding the posthumous ones, that would be lovely.
 
Welcome and thanks to Zobraks for providing the link.

Many of the books in the list are highly collectible and therefore expensive. The Black Sparrow books will get you there in terms of poetry (I recommend The Days Run Away Like Wild Horse Over the Hills and Mockingbird Wish Me luck).

If you want to try short stories, start with the early City Lights books:
  • The Most Beautiful Woman in Town
  • Tales of Ordinary Madness
  • Notes of a Dity Old Man
If another member wants to recommend the novels, please do. I find that everyone has a different opinion.

Welcome again and keep coming back!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top