Copd (1 Viewer)

I realize this is way off topic but does anyone here personaly have or have any experience with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)? My doc diganosed me with it today -- this on top of severe psoriasis and psoriatic aropathy -- and the research I've done on the web leads me to conclude that it's a catch-all phrase for You done fucked up your lungs with all that smoking over the last few decades.

I know I have to quit smoking, which will be difficult because, to quote Martin Sheen from a post-heart attack interview about smoking cessation, I never met a cigarette I didn't like.

So, just curious if anyone else out there is dealing with COPD.

According to Wikipedia there's a 25% chance of getting Copd after after about 25 years of smoking. It's a gamble. Some smokers get Copd - some don't. Same thing with lung cancer etc. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzz, I was smoking two packs a day. I've already cut back to one.

Bukfan, there's also an interesting phenomenon related to long-time smokers who quit, only to develop respiratory problems like COPD long after ceasing their bad habit.

Hey, this is my 100th post.

Already down one pack from two? That's pretty good already. Good luck man. My brother-in-law and father-in-law are both quitting because of the children pouring in. They've done it for a few months each, so... Its possible.

I realize this is way off topic but does anyone here personaly have or have any experience with COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)? My doc diganosed me with it today -- this on top of severe psoriasis and psoriatic aropathy -- and the research I've done on the web leads me to conclude that it's a catch-all phrase for You done fucked up your lungs with all that smoking over the last few decades.

I know I have to quit smoking, which will be difficult because, to quote Martin Sheen from a post-heart attack interview about smoking cessation, I never met a cigarette I didn't like.

So, just curious if anyone else out there is dealing with COPD.

One thing at a time Carvers...
quitting smoking is a decision,
as for psoriasis take omega fatty acids, fish oils, 3-6 a day, salmon oil is fine and not as expensive as primrose oil.
Buy vitamin C powder , one teaspoon a day , about 6 grams. Keep at it!
No red meat . Sunshine is good too.
I have studied natural healing and worked in it for years and
I have seen remarkable results over the years.
Starting with myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back