"Dangling Participles" (1 Viewer)

cirerita

Founding member
During April/May, 1970, Martin and B. were arguing over Post Office grammar inaccuracies. Martin said the manuscript had the tenses mixed up and that it was full of, according to B., "dangling participles." As you all know, B. was not happy with Martin correcting his grammar mistakes, so he was happy to send several uncorrected chapters from P.O. to the girlie mags. "The Poor Fish" and "Everybody's Got One" -both in Adam- would be good examples of pure, raw Bukowski. He said he copied the stories right off the manuscript.

I was about to bid on that one, but found it at some other place for $6! It's always good to know that you can save up $50 when you buy stuff on non-eBay sites... though those instances are pretty scarce.

[...] he was happy to send several uncorrected chapters from P.O. to the girlie mags. "The Poor Fish" and "Everybody's Got One" -both in Adam- would be good examples of pure, raw Bukowski.

I read "The Poor Fish" in Adam and sat there thinking, "where have I read this before?" Thought it might be Factotum, but never looked at Post Office.

Another mystery solved. Thanks for that cirerita...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back