• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Drunk & Disgusting? Charlie? (1 Viewer)

bospress.net

www.bospress.net
Check out this listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARLES-BUKOWSK...ryZ29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not only does he call Bukowski "Drunk & Disgusting", but they also call him "Charlie". Add to that the $40 BIN price, which is probably a bit high for a copy of this book that shows some wear. Also, I'm at work and do not have Krumhansl with me, but was $6.95 the first edition price. If this is a later edition,then it would be worth less than that $25...

Here is the ad. Pretty funny once you get over the outrage...

Bill

CHARLES BUKOWSKI-SHAKESPEARE NEVER DID THIS - TRAVELS WITH THE REAL CHARLIE
A TRAVEL BOOK BY THE GREAT BUKOWSKI W MANY PICS
SHAKESPEARE NEVER DID THIS is a really cool travel book By Charles Bukowski with photographs by Michael Montfort. Published by City Lights in 1979. 10 x 8 inches.

This is a travel book documenting a trip to Germany to attend various festivals and readings.

Cognoscenti will know that this issue is rare and historic - and hard to find.It is Charles Bukowski as only his devoted fans know him: drunk and disgusting.

I do have the City Lights version. Not sure if it's a first edition or not. Can't find anything to tell me that on the title page. Price was $6.95

I'm not sure I've ever seen later editions of that original City Lights version. I always assumed it was a one-off...

Recently saw a nice copy at Powell's Books in Portland and it was $40, I think. I've seen it there for $30 at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back