• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Ebay - You Kissed Lilly and Barfly - Nice (1 Viewer)

Nice, both of them. I don't think that pencil note detracts from the book at all. It's just dealer's stuff, and erasable. Reminds me of a signed book I have (not Buk) where someone has written in pencil, big shaky elderly person lettering, pointing out the signature and place/date inscription that the author wrote, plus arrows to the signature and the date. That pencil note takes up more space than the author's signature and inscription. It always makes me laugh, which is why I haven't erased it.

That Lilly, just like ROC's copy (on Chronic's website), is very nice. Very colorful. My #10/75 is nice, but not colored nearly so nicely as these two are. Sorry to bitch about such things. Me fucktard to do so. But I'd still like to have a little private message in the title coloring.

I'm new to this forum, just signed up.
I, unfortunately, was the one who sold the You Kissed Lilly copy on Ebay several weeks ago. Regrets?? Yes! A lot.
Sold it since I've been in a financial bind. That St. Nick dude bought.
Damn, I want to buy it back. Oh well!!!

Welcome to the forum. Based on what you mention (above), you should go to the New Blood section and introduce yourself. Here
Sorry to hear about the financial problems. You should fit right in.

Start a new thread about yourself. Thanx

I'm new to this forum, just signed up.
I, unfortunately, was the one who sold the You Kissed Lilly copy on Ebay several weeks ago. Regrets?? Yes! A lot.
Sold it since I've been in a financial bind. That St. Nick dude bought.
Damn, I want to buy it back. Oh well!!!

I've got you all beat on the seller's remorse. During the 80s I must have sold 500 or so rare Bukowski items, all at what now look like give away prices. I still have a core collection of reading copies -- the stuff I sold was rare first editions, signed stuff, emphemera. Anyway, I have often regretted that big sell off, done because I needed grocery money. The money comes and goes quickly but you always remember the books. I try not to whine about it too much but sometimes it slips out. Welcome to the Forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back