elevated liver enzymes (1 Viewer)

just got off the phone with my doctor and apparently my enzymes in my liver are elevated.
ir
he scheduled me to come back in a month to get another blood test to see what's causing thi i know it's going to be the alcohol and he's going want me cut down on it or even worse, quit. i'm curious as to if anyone here has any experience with this or knowledge? If it is the alcohol which it most probably is what's the risk I'm taking if keep on drinking?

The risk is cirrhosis (which I've lost a few friends to... nasty way to die). Could also be that you have Hepatitis.

I have chronic Hepatitis C from a blood transfusion and, partly because of that, and partly because I just lost any sense of pleasure from being drunk, I don't drink much anymore. An occasional beer or shot is about it.

if you were out drinking the night before, that could be the temporary cause. or, you just might drink too much, meaning you'll have to cut back, or things could lead to where chronic is pointing.

don't drink for a few days before the blood test, if your liver enzymes are back to normal, things might be ok. if they're still elevated, then you may have cause for concern.

better yet, be like me and avoid blood tests. ;)

i'm 23 years old, i'm no expert but i doubt i'll get cirrohis anytime soon. I don't have heppatitus because i was recently tested for std's and i'm sure it would've came back positive if i had it but then again i heard from someone that it can take years to spot.

HAHA I've been avoiding blood tests for years but as time grew the more I worried that i might have an std. the reason for the liver test was because my dr. recently prescribed kolonpin to me and he told me it can effect the liver and that he wanted to check it out, i still wanted the kolonpin so i let him test me. and yes i was up binge drinking early into the am the day i was tested. i'll go with your advice and give it 2 or 3 days before he checks me again.

Hepatitis isn't really an STD. When you go to the doctor he'll probably test for it anyway (I think it's pretty much a standard test these days when you have elevated liver enzymes), so you're likely to soon find out.

Unless you are rich and influential like David Crosby, take very good care of your liver. My daughter's uncle died at 53 due to liver failure from drinking. He just slowly died suffering. Not pretty. A few years earlier he was on top of the world. He still had money when he died. Alcohol is not worth it. Anti depressants are mostly very bad for the liver.

Maybe you aren't exercising enough and especially not getting enough sleep-a big cause for depression and mental illness.

The kids these days, it's those damn video games.

Google "Love your Liver" -- lots of good articles. What is great about your liver is that it can repair itself quickly if you take care of it.

better yet, be like me and avoid blood tests. ;)

I avoid them like the plague, but the ex demanded life insurance, and well there was no avoiding it... I was fine at the time.... But that was 3 years ago, and because of her I have drank more in the last 3 years than any sane man....so, maybe its time for another blood test.

25% of your liver can be removed and it will grow back within a short period of time. Tough piece of meat.
Drink distilled water for a few days. Put dandelion drops from "Vogel" in your water, or sweedish bitters from a healthfood store.

i've actually had that same diagnosis. i get full blood work done twice a year and the doc has called me back on 2 different occasions, saying my liver enzymes were high and to avoid alcohol and tylenol for 2 weeks, then come back for another test. both times i went back after following orders and the levels were down to normal.
so, i think that it's just if you tested any regular drinker, their levels would be a bit high. although, it could be a sign to lighten your alcohol consumpting a bit as well. i know it scared me into going a little easier on my body...

Klonopin:
is in a group of drugs called benzodiazepines (ben-zoe-dye-AZE-eh-peens). Clonazepam affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety.

Klonopin is used to treat seizure disorders or panic disorder.

Klonopin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

That says a lot. Your liver is a filter and is affected by chemicals and the combinations of chemicals in your blood. I think the distilled water is a good idea. Goldenseal is a blood purifier you might consider. Take care of yourself.

The problem isn't the drugs or the alcohol or the diet - it's the tests.

Eliminate all the tests and you problems will disappear. Trust me. It works if you work it.

Klonopin:
is in a group of drugs called benzodiazepines (ben-zoe-dye-AZE-eh-peens). Clonazepam affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety.

Klonopin is used to treat seizure disorders or panic disorder.

Klonopin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

That says a lot. Your liver is a filter and is affected by chemicals and the combinations of chemicals in your blood. I think the distilled water is a good idea. Goldenseal is a blood purifier you might consider. Take care of yourself.

Hm, maybe I'll switch to wine :cool:

If you have access to a really good photographer, he can also touch up your x-rays, you know, brush out the cancer, etc. This is also an effective technique you may want to consider.

The problem isn't the drugs or the alcohol or the diet - it's the tests.

Eliminate all the tests and you problems will disappear. Trust me. It works if you work it.

Honestly, mjp, your humor oft times is ironic and makes it hard to peg down not knowing you personally. Here I think you are being serious. I've never known a doctor that drove a junk car - lived in a modular home - had kids that had crooked teeth. Med profession is Big Business and they wish nothing more than to hook you early and keep you guessing at what they'll find wrong with you next. Not to make light of informal's (hope truly it turns out to be nothing) current situation, but I'm sure they'll find something to keep the revenue incoming. No profit in the cure - profit in the lessening of fear. More legal junkies than illegal. In working for the Department of Corrections, they'd toss a juvenile in the can for smoking weed and while incarcerated legally prescribe him pills that were far more potent than the weed that landed his ass in lock-up. I'll perhaps see a doctor if I've a growth the size of a grapefruit growing out of my neck, until then I'm staying out of their reach.

Honestly, mjp, your humor oft times is ironic and makes it hard to peg down not knowing you personally. ..........snip....... I'm staying out of their reach.

For those of you who would like to meet mjp in person, he will be appearing in Costa Mesa at the Orange County Fairgrounds for a meet and greet. Meet the man and his great humor in person live. Hear some of that world famous sarcasm that has been delighting readers for decades. Hear his sarcastic tone of voice and inflection first hand at the Market Place at the Orange County Fairgrounds today Jan. 17th from 11:00 a.m. til Noon by the fruit and vegetable stands and the rear Mesa Drive entrance off the 55 freeway. Sorry but you will not be allowed to peg him down in public.

As I understand it, most people die in bed so logically then stay out of bed! Many people die in hospitals so logically then stay away from hospitals -- but of course "Everybody gotta die someday", so don't be afraid of your faith, just delay it as long as possible.

I am the worlds worst speller -- I admit it. Should have said going to or something like that. Please forgive my ignorance. I type fast and don't use spellcheck.

If you did sign bats would you sign on their wings?

Really bad timing but today I found out that a friend of mine just died of liver failure. Love your liver -- take care of it!

My uncle died of cirrhosis back in 2000. He was only 65. I still miss him.:(

He used to weigh over 200 pounds. When my other uncle visited him before he died, he said he was less than half that weight. Liver disease is not pretty. It will literally eat you alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back