• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

For Sale: ASK THE DUST Hardcover by John Fante (1 Viewer)

I'm selling a scarce copy of John Fante's ASK THE DUST.
It is a 1988 BLACK SPARROW PRESS Fifth Printing HARDCOVER.
Used-Very Good Condition with Dust Jacket.
A very nice copy of a very rare book.
Now taking reasonable offers.
You may email me off the board for pictures and more info.
[email protected]

Hi,
Are you using the ABAA grading of "Very Good", which is "Very Good - Pretty much the lowest collectible grade. A Very Good book shows signs of wear and handling. May have a gift inscription inside or a owners bookplate or signature. May have bumped corners, a slightly damaged dustjacket with small closed tears. Must not be missing any pages and the binding should still be solid. Overall a desirable but far from perfect copy."

If you just name the price that you want to get, you may have better luck selling it.

Best,
Bill

Calling this "very rare" is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? I have a first printing BSP edition and I wouldn't even call that "very rare."

Calling this "very rare" is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? I have a first printing BSP edition and I wouldn't even call that "very rare."

1st Trade edition goes for about $150. Later printing is probably worth $50 if the condition is near fine or better. That is just my opinion, anyway. A book that BSP printed in 1988 could have sat on their shelves until they cleaned house in 2002, so this is a book that could, possibly still be found at a bookstore, if you are lucky for the list price of about $25.

Bill

This copy is closer to Fine, than to Very Good.
The only visible wear at all: small imperfections on the dust jacket.
I've found a few for sale in similar condition for $55-$75.
Will let this one go for $50.
I also have a first edition of THE KNOCKOUT ARTIST in same condition.
Also $50, or both for $80.
And anyone for a 1949 first edition of SINUHE THE EGYPTIAN?

Cheers.

I'd be eventually interested if you show your Ebay feedback etc.
But still; first post here, no hello, selling books. Not really my style.
Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back