FTW (1 Viewer)

mjp

Founding member
I have just read some disturbing information on the worlds wides webs that leads me to believe that kids think FTW means "for the win."

No, no, no.

I assure you, if and when I use FTW, I use it in the old school sense: Fuck The World!

As should you.

svemikesonnymort.jpg

FTW!

And fuck you, too.

While we're at it.

I have only ever seen it in the 'For The Win' context. The kiddies these days use FML (Fuck My Life). But I think it's safe to say the it can mean both.

FTW means Fuck the Wanker and is mainly used by ex-girlfriends. It also means Forget the Witch and is mainly used by ex-boyfriends. It could mean Finance the Winnebago, but I'm not sure who says that. And fuck the kiddies if they say Fuck my Life because that's full of self-pity. FUCK. I mean foop.

Everyone come over on Saturday, I'll be making burgers on the grill. It's going to be raining, but you're not a pussy, are you?

I didn't think so.

FTW!

I remember being surprised seeing 'net nerds saying "Fuck The World" to everything a couple years ago... Then, for the first time, I felt old. That trend has continued once or twice a day for the last few years (most recently, I felt old when one of the classic rock stations I listen to played Pearl Jam).

FTW and FML.

There is an entire website dedicated to FML. It's called effmylife.com... or simply fmylife.com. It's pretty funny sometimes if you get to reading it. Sometimes out of stupidity, sometimes just because after something like that happened to you, you really could say, "shit, fml."

BTW (By The Way - not Battle The World or Bargain The Waitress or ..)

I love the "worn magazine page" appearance of how those pics look. At least on my monitor. They have a certain color smear and bleeding of tones that you see in copies of Playboy and Guitar Player from the 1980's. And believe me I'm an expert.

Nothing like old photos that don't embarrass the hell out of you to make life worth living 20 years later. Wish I had more myself :)

I love the "worn magazine page" appearance of how those pics look. They have a certain color smear and bleeding of tones that you see in copies of Playboy and Guitar Player from the 1980's.
Everything was smeared and bleeding in those days.

Nothing like old photos that don't embarrass the hell out of you to make life worth living 20 years later.
30 years later, but who's counting?

Anyway, I'm just as pretty today, so embarrassment is out of the question any way you look at it.

I was hoping to catch mjp's take on the
Sadly he's nowhere to be seen :)

Sadly he's nowhere to be seen :)
Oh, I'm there - propping up broken mannequins and making inept and awkward "moves" on the models on the boat...just off camera.

RR Piper was one of the mannequins though, good eye. ;)

For those of you keeping score;
Amount paid for rented (and destroyed) mannequins: $0
Amount paid for boat rental: $0
Amount paid to models: $0
Amount paid for 16mm film processing: $0​
Now that's punk rock indie filmmaking (and bill dodging) at its finest! FTW!

When I had 'hdgdl' on my cellphone at the end of one message, I thought someone must have been very drunk.

But it actually means 'hab dich ganz doll lieb', in English it would be 'I really like you a lot'.

irlyal...

Well, hey, on the latest episode of L.A. Ink, Kat Von D had FTW across her boots! I thought, hmmmm, maybe she's browsing buk.net and decided to pay tribute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back