• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

ghecksher (1 Viewer)

Hi,
I don't know him/her. some of those were good deals (too bad that I am broke). Others seems like he overpaid....

Maybe this is a friend of stnickl's!

Bill

I recently bought an unsigned copy of Under the Influence for $35. The cover was slightly creased, but it was in otherwise very good condition. It's a nice book, with lots of illustrations, pics and an uncollected poem (typescript). And the bibliographical entries are valuable, though they're obviously dated now.

do people really like books with the author's signature on them ? maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit childish. if I ever find myself near a book-signing I always get the writer to put in something absurd and personal.

mind you, the last one was allen ginsberg.

I recently bought an unsigned copy of Under the Influence for $35. The cover was slightly creased, but it was in otherwise very good condition. It's a nice book, with lots of illustrations, pics and an uncollected poem (typescript). And the bibliographical entries are valuable, though they're obviously dated now.

I've been looking.

I used to think that signed books were absurd. In the 1980s I used to get Black Sparrow greetings and prospectuses and laughed at the signed hardcovers with "tipped-in" paintings for 50 bucks. I thought "Man, what type of fool falls for that crap? It's only the words that matter".

I've been kicking myself ever since.

GOOD!
Saves me the trouble :)

Oh man... I wish I had had the opportunity to buy these books upon release.
My wife would love me more if I had!

So you mean from a purely financial point of view ?

Fortunately I have about 20 signed first editions of Harry Potter & The Philosophers Stone in the attic to pay for my retirement :)

Maybe he's a lottery winner?

I think a few higher priced bits are starting to be listed on ebay now.
Could be a Merry Christmas for certain booksellers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back