goddamn bastard customers

justine

stop the penistry
it's 4pm and time to close the shop!!
it's been dead all day, and one minute before i shut the doors some thoughtless woman walks in, ignoring the open-hours sign...
my only consolation is more time on buk.net...
now she's trying to ask me stupid questions which i've already answered!
maybe if i ignore her she'll go away...
or maybe i should just start turning off the lights and music...

When i used to work in a little film memorobilia shop we used to always get last minute customers. I found standing at the door holding it half closed soon got rid of them, if that didn't work we had a cd of German industrial sounds which we played loudly (this had the effect of getting rid of them and probably creating the first steps to a psycotic breakdown!)

lou reed's "metal machine music" works every time. or, surprisingly, celine dion.

the bitch bought a pair of shoes, at least, so i forgave her for keeping me in the store for an extra 15mins.
but i'm back in this hellhole again today, and it's a public holiday here, the weather's beautiful (for a change, even tho' it's SUPPOSED to be mid-summer), so it'll be another dead day until right on closing time, when some asshole will no doubt walk in...
but thanks for the music recommendations, i will keep them in mind... unfortunately, our shop cd rack contains the likes of "Power Ballads of the
80s" and other such high-quality soul-moving melodies :o

You need to quit and find a different job.
I say this because I have worked some crappy retail jobs and what you described happens all the time!

People are fucking inconsiderate animals!

(now there's a strange image)

So it's move on... or homicide.

Be string.

I mean, be strong.

(Let someone else be string.)

You need to quit and find a different job.
you're right... only thing keeping me sane is that my boss is awesome and so is my workmate.. and i get free or cheap high-quality shoes!!
you buk fans may find this interesting and maybe funny: the shoe store i work for is called Ecco... i've already checked, no connection to the publishers ;)

you buk fans may find this interesting and maybe funny: the shoe store i work for is called Ecco... i've already checked, no connection to the publishers ;)

You say the store is called Ecco. And the shoes are also called Ecco, right? If so, it's a danish shoe manufacturer. They have their own shops called Ecco all over the world. Expensive shoes but good quality.
If I'm wrong here then it's certainly a funny coincident...

Last edited by a moderator:
they are indeed Danish and internationally available. apparently quite famous... my boss reckons "Ecco" is the Danish equivalent of the Spanish "Ole!" but not sure if that's true :confused:

Not true! "Ecco" is not a danish word. I don't know what it actually means or if it means anything at all. To me it sounds italian because the italian equivalent to the sentence "here you are" is "Eccola". That's my best guess...

Yes, they are quite famous. Here, many people wear them. Some people won't wear anything else. Just like, say, "Levi's" they have their diehard fans/consumers. I've had many pairs through the years. They're very comfortable and durable, but as many well known brands, way too expensive. Here they cost between 100-150$ a pair, and more. Despite the fact that they have moved most of the manufacturing to countries with cheap labour such as Portugal and places in the far east. Well, as long as they don't use child labour like "Nike"...

I wouldn't exactly consider Levis high society, though.

I agree. But here they are considered to be the no.1 jeans brand, at least among younger people. Maybe because they were the first jeans on the market and therefore the "original" brand, so to speak. They cost well over 100$ over here, but "Wrangler" sells for "just" 65$! Go figure...

Doesn't it get kinda cold in Denmark for people to be walking around in just their shoes???

Not for us vikings! And besides, we can always kill one of the polar bears roaming the streets, when it gets too cold to be without a fur...:D

I agree. But here they are considered to be the no.1 jeans brand, at least among younger people. Maybe because they were the first jeans on the market and therefore the "original" brand, so to speak. They cost well over 100$ over here, but "Wrangler" sells for "just" 65$! Go figure...

Hahaha, i'm sorry but i think it's funny there's even a market for wranglers based on who wears them here (i did in my "youth")... you have rednecks in cope?

Do you have the same jeans hierarchy in the US? I'm a Wrangler man my self :o
Rednecks? You bet! We have our fair share of subnormal hell-raising right-wingers, especially in the western part of the country (not so much in Copenhagen). A friend of mine met a girl at the west coast and moved in with her. Now he feels himself quite isolated because almost everybody are low-brow rednecks...:D

Shall we undress Bukowski?

I'm not a supporting member of bukowski.net, yet.
Since I left my parents house in 1983 I buy second hand clothes. But since I'm visiting Boston once or twice a year ( first time was 9-9-2001...),
I am a supporting member of wall mart....yes wall mart, pants, shirts, $10,- Full suitcase back to Holland.

The povery is history now but I still refuse to buy expensive clothes. Bukowski didn't seem to care what he was wearing. In Factotum he has money for a while and buys the yellow shirt and in Woman he describes him(s?)self....old coat of his father...etc...

In the pictures or documentaries he wears oldfashioned clothes, I like it. Totally unwareness?

I do a lot of shopping at thrift stores here in Chicago. There are some terrific clothing finds to be discovered. For a recent gig, I found a ridiculous silver and blue crushed-velour "disco-daddy" shirt. Big wide-open collar that would have been perfect with some gold chains, if I could afford those, but I can't, which is why I shop at the second-hand stores. Another recent find: A genuine Enron t-shirt with their company logo and the saying "Great minds DON'T think alike". Yeah, I guess not....

Do you have the same jeans hierarchy in the US? I'm a Wrangler man my self :o
Rednecks? You bet! We have our fair share of subnormal hell-raising right-wingers, especially in the western part of the country (not so much in Copenhagen). A friend of mine met a girl at the west coast and moved in with her. Now he feels himself quite isolated because almost everybody are low-brow rednecks...:D

Well, I wouldn't say Wrangler fits into the mainstream jeans hierarchy. It's more of a niche brand for maybe the "preppy" rednecks (for lack of a better description). The best brand I know of is Lucky Dungarees (and i am admittedly ignorant of the "jean hierarchy" since it's so damned huge).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back