Googlebot? (2 Viewers)

This,
plus the fact that answers to posts now first come up as a kinda popup. (I know it's not technically a 'pop-up' but merely some Ajax.Fuck or whatever. Still I hate it.)

Some people you just can't please. I for one want to know that Francis Farnsworth of Topeka, Kansas tripped over a copy of Charles Bukowski's The Last Night of the Earth Poems and broke her hip.

It looks like a Googlebot slipped through. I'm sure the mods will take care of that so it does'nt happen again, or at least not too often.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I logged in and watched who's online I thought Googlebot was a new member. What a stupid username. It doesn't bother me at all. Every time the name Charles Bukowski appears in an article somewhere it gives us the news, is that the way it works? The Buk radar?

It looks like a Googlebot slipped through. I'm sure the mods will take care of that so it does'nt happen again, or at least not too often.

But it has its own section. I assume this is intentional.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intentionally deleting the entire section might be an option. I realize that it's probably designed to highlight an absurd side of life, but I could do without more absurdidty.

Yes its intentional. The only way to see how well these add-ons work is to try them. Give it a chance and all that. Anyway, I'm busy trying to find Francis Farnsworth of Topeka, Kansas on Facebook. Hope she's as hot as roni's new friend ;)

Yeah, it's an experiment. And like any good experiment, it's already yielding results! Ha.
answers to posts now first come up as a kinda popup. (I know it's not technically a 'pop-up' but merely some Ajax.Fuck or whatever. Still I hate it.)
I'm not sure what you mean...

[...] I'm not sure what you mean...

well, when I made a post and click 'edit' to change or add something, THIS is what happens:

screenshot_Popup-big.JPG

I sure can live with that, I just don't like it.

Oh, for editing, yes.

Well, technically it's better that way because doing the edits in an overlay means you don't have to reload the page twice for each edit. The nuts that are building this are all about performance and preventing unnecessary page loads and whatnot.

From a user perspective it also avoids jumping around the page, the way an edit used to work. You edit, save the change and you're still in the same place on the page. It keeps you in the flow, baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back