Grateful (1 Viewer)

Kisa2674

Sleeps in a yellow room
Shamefully new; took awhile to get up the guts and time to post. Feeling rejuvenated by all of enlightening insights and common interests/ideas/thoughts I have been reading. So glad I know to look to no other place for Buk fans whose passion and commitment to spreading the word is unwavering and brilliant. Cheers.

Thank you so much. I am surrounded by an elite team of fans here. Just letting it all soak in. So much to explore. . .

Welcome aboard, Kisa! People like you who are seriously interested in Bukowski are always very welcome here.

Thanks. I think I may have dropped one or two bombs in my enthusiasm. But I'm no poser nor a blind worshiper who's only seen the documentary and read a poem or two. I don't know how to put this without it sounding fake or corny, but I never felt connected with anyone or anything until I started reading his work. Buk said what I had always been feeling but I didn't have the words. I have read everything, everything I could ever get my hands on by him, about him, anything. So seeing such a plethora of incredible knowledge and insight when it comes to Buk's work astounds me. I have tried to get everyone in my life turned on to him since 1993, and not one bite. I just don't get it. Thanks for the welcome again.

Buk is like a great, but strange food. You try it and love it. Your friends would love it too, but refuse to try it. No matter how much you tell them that they will love it, they refuse to try.

Buk is like hummus.

And yes, Kisa2674, welcome aboard!

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back