Ham On Rye - ugly design. (1 Viewer)

It's been twenty years since I first encountered "Ham on Rye" as well but I have a new copy sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be re-explored.

Those photos were for a now defunct website.

And what a website it was :). To protect my books, I put heavy cloth "curtains" (actually pieces of fabric i nailed to wall) over my windows to keep the sunlight to a minimum. Plus, I live in a really humid area (esp. in winter), so I run a dehumidifier to make sure that the humidity in my living room (where my books are) never gets above 40%. When I first moved here, all my books had warped pages within a couple months (my art books were the worst), although after a week of running the dehumidifier, they all went back to normal. Thank god it wasn't permanent damage.

Beautiful collection ROC. I keep hoping I'll find a pile like that in some yard sale some day... Doubt it, but... We'll see! Right now, I'm focused on just getting all the BSP books in paperback editions... Well, at least the common ones.

And... I rather like Ham on Rye. The bright yellow color is... gut-wrenchingly fantastic.

ROC, can you post your entire collection like that?
If I'm not mistaken, somebody here on the forums has most of the colored cloth strip editions. i've seen pictures before. maybe it was mjp?

No, not me. Only a handful of colored hardcover spines peeking out from my shelf. I don't have a lot of that special stuff. I don't think I even have first editions of all the paperbacks, as far as that goes, so my collection is pretty unimpressive compared to some around here. A lot of stuff, but not a lot of valuable stuff. Not on the open market, anyway.

And what a website it was :). To protect my books, I put heavy cloth "curtains" (actually pieces of fabric i nailed to wall) over my windows to keep the sunlight to a minimum.

your neighbours probably think you're running a meth lab out of your apartment.

ROC, can you post your entire collection like that?
If I'm not mistaken, somebody here on the forums has most of the colored cloth strip editions. i've seen pictures before. maybe it was mjp?

A lot of my collection is on chronics website. Certainly all the lettered or presentation BSP books I own.

As to seeing them before...I think you are probably referring to pictures I posted here previously.
I'll show them off whatever opportunity I get. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back