Helppppppppp (1 Viewer)

question!

what were the techniques that Bukowski used in his writing!
other then dark imagery

THANK YOUUUUU

and 'asap' answer would be great!

LOL, wow. He did what everybody else wasnt doing. MEANING: he found his own style of writing and did everything on his own.

I suggest you try it.

other than dark imagery, he wrote about feelings a lot. sadness, humanity... he had a great empathy for, like, goth people, and others who were in tune with the darkness in reality. does that help? christ.

:rolleyes: Don't forget: he balanced his "dark imagery" with HUMOR!

As for "techniques". He wrote in short sentences and short chapters, often in the first person (the "I" form)...

He wrote in short sentences and short chapters, often in the first person (the "I" form)...

HAHA, this is spot on, but hardly original! Of course, Buk does express himself in a rather idiosyncratic manner. In a real sense, if we all wrote, we would all write in an idiosyncratic way....but most of us would be SHITE...because we don't have the patience or intiative to keep carving at the word, our word.

Remember to add in your essay that Bukowski payed close attention to - formal poetic structure, such as a sonnet, haiku, sestina, ode, blues poem, etc. Also mention that he focused greatly on Rhythm and often his poems have an identifiable rythm arranged in meter such as iambs, spondees, trochees, dactyls, etc.

Bukowski was a stickler for Formalities of All Kinds
and loathed those Free Verse degenerates!

In fact, use that as a quote in your essay,
embolden it: your Teacher will love it.

thank you so much everyone. especially olaf that really helped.
and for mr. henry chinaski over there. shut ur mouth. i dont know anything about this guy and i figured u guys would so dont say WOW.

this has got to be a fake account. no way this person read through all the sarcastic shit in this thread and then picked out olaf's response as the ONE that actually had something furreal in it.

Hi,
It would not surprise me anymore that someone would have to do a research project and would think that letting forum members supply them with information would do it. Unless the teacher knows Bukowski, they could get away with it. I would love to read that report on Buk's rhyming, formal poetic structure.

A friendly word of advice for BrittnayT (if she really exists)...

A forum like this is a place to learn more than you could learn by doing years of research. For what you are doing, the best bet would be to do a Google search or check out the dreaded Wikipedia.

Bill

brittanyT doesn't share an IP with any other forum users, so I think s/he is for real. And now that she got what she wanted she will probably never be back. It just cracks me up when kids show up here looking for what amounts to Bukowski CliffsNotes.

If there is a god, her teacher will have read Bukowski and will see it for what it is... That would teach her to try to have others do her work, instead of just looking it up herself. Really.

I thing that you are right. She probably chose Bukowski for some school project because she looooooves Matt Dillon.

Bill

thank you so much everyone. especially olaf that really helped.
and for mr. henry chinaski over there. shut ur mouth. i dont know anything about this guy and i figured u guys would so dont say WOW.

whoa, whoa, whoa, just calm down little missy. I'm just fuckin tired of these...please I got a school project and its on bukowski topics. i don't know anything about him blah blah blah. then why do a project on something you know nothing about? just chill out. sorry if you were offended by my statement but it just gets on my fucking nerves.

I didn't mind helping out jeremy60, who seemed genuinely interested in Buk and just needed specific poems to support topics he had already chosen.

But from here on out, I'm going to start billing at an hourly rate like a professional tutor - $35.00/hour. Any more comments like "shut ur mouth" and the rate doubles. Paypal accepted. Thank you. ;)

Speak out, Ninjerk, speak out! - My extended power shield (version 0.2) is long range and will protect you (I hope)...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back