Hey. (1 Viewer)

Been a fan of Buk for a few months, read Ham On Rye first, then post office, then I got some post-humous poetry book that was alright. I'd say Ham On Rye was my favorite, still being a teenager and all.

Hope to enjoy my occasional stays here.

Slouching Toward Nirvana. A mixed bag, but all Books-A-Million had was post-humous poetry collections for some stupid reason. The man at the counter was like, "Bukowski... Isn't he like a big fiction writer?" when I went up to purchase the book.

Try the User CP in the top left hand corner.

I guess I had to upload a photo to an album first, because it just appeared out of nowhere.

And it's hard not to notice 9,000+ posts. Apparently he's the big chief around here, so that makes sense.

I thought about editing it actually after realizing I said it, but decided it didn't really matter. I have a habit of talking like that myself, because it obviously floats around the schools a lot these days. You're not the one talking in such a stupid way so I don't see why it would bother you.

I don't know kid, it just does. But i can see how you might get caught up in saying it though, you know, with it going around school and stuff. PS. Is that a motor? cool.

Slouching Toward Nirvana. A mixed bag, but all Books-A-Million had was post-humous poetry collections for some stupid reason. The man at the counter was like, "Bukowski... Isn't he like a big fiction writer?" when I went up to purchase the book.

Then you counter him with "Shakespeare....didn't he write a couple plays here and there?"

Last week I was in Denver doing my rounds of searching used book stores for Bukowski ( I know it's a lost cause) and on the way out I asked the lady if they ever get any Bukowski in and she said " No, we don't carry the works of womanizing pigs." Needless to say that made me laugh harder than I have in awhile, I guess she's not a fan...

" No, we don't carry the works of womanizing pigs."

Thank God, you did'nt ask for 'Lolita' by Nabokov or the works of Marquis De Sade. Then she would've called you a womanizing pig instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, if I asked for Lolita she most likely would have called me a pedophile and then called the police on me. I guess you are what you read.

True, but who wants to read about them and their ridiculous ways. Instead we read about people down on their luck as well as money. But hey maybe that's why I'm piss poor.Shit... it all makes sense now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back