• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Holiday Madness (1 Viewer)

Is there any reason a signed card with quote should be going for US$730? Not any reason that I know...

where_god_is.jpg

The people bidding on it must think it's worth the price. Unless most of those bidders are the seller. I'm personally not cynical enough to believe that is happening, but you know how things go.

As a frame-able thing with a 60s signature, it's pretty cool and unusual. For the same money though you could buy a signed manuscript or broadside to frame and spend the rest on steaks and cute holiday leggings.

Funny, that Buk would write that on a card, but maybe he wrote it as (part of) a dedication in one of his books and later on somebody cut it out.

Amazing! You could buy a signed poem manuscript for that kinda money. I guess the text about God and drunks appeals to a lot of people.

What's in the link, Erik? I'm being denied access to the site by my internet provider. There's a text saying it's due to a court order of Feb.20, 2012, about the site letting people having access to illegally copied material.
Damn! First they blocked Pirate Bay here and now it's Grooveshark.

Last edited by a moderator:
No 'fake' auction by the seller on this one guys, it was me who bought it. I already have two similar ones, in identical frames, so I just wanted it. Didn't expect it to go that high, at all, but there was one other bidder who was (almost) as keen. Steep price, I know, but sometimes you gotta take the pain and it's a unique piece.

Bukfan: The two framed ones I have are dated '63, and as per Scott Harrison they were signed to be later bound into future books by the Webbs, which then never happened. If you look at the full photo of the thing you can see that the paper is book page size, so it seems very plausible an explanation. Scott got them directly from John Martin, so the provenance is rock solid, but even he has never seen this latest one.

Just thought I'd clear this up. :)

I don't think that anyone thought it was a fake, but yes steep price indeed. Lovely thing to have on the wall tho'. Even better with the other two. Congratulations.

hank solo: I wasn't referring to the item as potentially 'fake', but the auction itself. As mentioned by mjp, sometimes the sellers bid themselves to jack up prices.

hank solo: I wasn't referring to the item as potentially 'fake', but the auction itself. As mentioned by mjp, sometimes the sellers bid themselves to jack up prices.
Okay, gotcha. As long as you're happy. I know it wasn't me bidding against you :oo

Bukfan: The two framed ones I have are dated '63, and as per Scott Harrison they were signed to be later bound into future books by the Webbs, which then never happened. If you look at the full photo of the thing you can see that the paper is book page size, so it seems very plausible an explanation. Scott got them directly from John Martin, so the provenance is rock solid, but even he has never seen this latest one.

Just thought I'd clear this up. :)

Thanks, for clearing it up! It was a bit of a mystery to me since I've never seen such cards before (which turned out to be pages). The price is steep, but it sure is a nice item to hang on the wall. Congrats! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back