How rare is my signed and numbered copy of <whatever>? (1 Viewer)

Same with Ham On Rye and War All The Time.

lettered edition counts, for the most part, include the presentation copies, printer copies, file copy, etc.
Yeah, looking at Krumhansl, that is correct. Since we've seen so many of those presentation and "special" copies come to market it's probably best to stay with the Krumhansl numbers.

I was wondering how common or uncommon later printings of hardcovers are. My Love is a Dog from Hell hardcover states that it's from 1998 and that it's a 27th printing.

Pardon me for derailing, but I didn't figure it would be good to waste a thread on this one question. :)

I was wondering how common or uncommon later printings of hardcovers are.
They are not uncommon and of little value, comparatively. If your Love is a Dog from Hell is in absolutely perfect condition it's worth maybe $50. People try to sell them for more, but I don't see many completed sales for higher prices.

That being said, it still takes some effort to put together a full run of mint condition hardcovers, even later printings. So maybe they're not exactly common. But the value is still low.

hardcover [...] Love is a Dog from Hell hardcover states that it's from 1998 and that it's a 27th printing.
For what it's worth, I believe that the printing number applies to both the hard and soft covers combined. Meaning there were not 27 (or more) printings of the hardcover. I'm pretty sure that the printed pages were used for both hardcovers and paperbacks (since they all contain ISBN info for both editions). So when they needed more hardcovers they probably just bound up x number of copies of whatever the most recent printing was.

I don't know that for a fact (you can ask John Martin, he doesn't take my calls anymore), but the number of hardcovers that you see for a given title would seem to suggest that was the case. I'd do some comparisons, but all my books are in boxes at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back