I came in through the backdoor (2 Viewers)

D

Dodd

Well, sort of. Many years ago, I was reading a lot of Celine including some scholarly texts that identified some of the authors he influenced, and there the name Bukowski was (re)introduced to me.

My first stab at Bukwoski was Notes of a Dirty Old Man. Since then, my Bukowski shelf is about as long as an average man is tall.

Well, after a year or so of reading other things, I went back to both Celine and Bukowski. After doing an internet search on the two, I actually spotted a new novel that came out just recently that boasts having them both called Epigonesia. Haven't looked into it yet.

Good to see that Buk is still with us in a way. I wonder what he would of thought of the internet (my guess is he would probably have something nasty and hilarious to say). That being said, hi all from Dodd.

I actually spotted a new novel that came out just recently that boasts having them both called Epigonesia.
It sounds like a real piece of shit. But that's just me. I think I'd rather hear Rod McKuen poems set to hip hop than read that book.

"Through occult means, "Ebeneezer" Pound has reanimated his favorite dead authors as part of a villainous master plan. The re-embodied writers suffer through their tragicomic limitations as epigones of themselves. Delight in this collaborative adventure of nested plots, uniting for the first time the virtuosic talents of Faucher with the vaulting wit of Bradley - two hulking giants of humour and the absurd. What Kane X. Faucher and Tom Bradley have done is like going into Top Drawer Writer's Cemetery and having all the authors suddenly emerge from their tombs and start talking--and suddenly Bradley's notes turn it from pure fantasy into total believability. If you want to get into the souls of these authors, this is the place to start. -Hugh Fox"

"If you want to get into the souls of these authors, this is the place to start." Huh? Is Hugh Fox eating peyote for breakfast these days? What an idiotic thing to say.

Kane! you modest bastard! you haven't read your own book? that's hot. seriously, that's really hot. there's nothing I like more than a writer with no ego that won't even read his own book once he's finished writing it. are you single? dude, I'm married and straight, but I might make an exception for you. hopefully you have a toupee and wear lifts. fuck, I'm so hot right now.

The guy who started this thread is the guy who wrote the very book that he says he hasn't "looked into" yet.

In other words, he is this flavor of troll.

So instead of being up front with us, he resorts to treating us like we're stupid. Well just for that, I am not going to check out his book on Milk of Magnesia or whatever it is.

Could be shit, who knows. I ain't your man, Hoochmonkey9, but hello anyway.

ok, all kidding aside, you outed me! Sorry to troll. I'm no gift to being the PR flack. But I do have a genuine love of Buk. Reset button? No more trolling from me, and my apologies.

CCP0004839_P.JPG

@d_gray: Definitely what I feel like now... shame, embarrassment, disgrace. Coming clean if the community will have me on the condition that I never pull such a stupid stunt like that again.

Coming clean...
He says from a second username.

It isn't a "stunt," it's disdain. Gliding in smug and smirking to con the rubes. You guys are all the same. So convinced that you are geniuses that you believe you can put anything you want over on anyone you choose. The real joke is that you are to self-absorbed to realize how transparent you are. You are the very idiot you believe yourself to be so superior to. And that's always good for a laugh.

On a more tragic note, if the book you are trying to dupe people into reading is as sad and useless as the poetry out there under the "Kane X. Faucher" name, I stand by my initial speculation on its quality. Or, you know, lack thereof.

And I apologize. I opted to start a new account honestly, and honestly participate in the forums without shilling anything. I made a mistake, and I admit it. I suppose I could have just cut and run, but I own up to my mistake and will not repeat it. Period.

Oh, does "period" mean the discussion is closed and I'm supposed to stop calling you a dick and insulting your writing? That's cute. Not dismissive and asshole-ish at all.

No, it meant that my stupidity in that regard has come to an definitive end. I'm really trying to make amends the best I can here for doing such a stupid thing (disdain would have taken more judgement, which I clearly did not show). But if it's too late for that, you may as well boot me from the forum.

Hey, at least he admitted it and apologized. There are others who have stuck by their ruse while trying to shill the genius of her husbands' writing (or the smoky voice of sweden's...)

The funny thing is that this con NEVER works on this forum. Just too many ways to smell them out and our admins do an amazing job of smelling these out.

Still, he apologized, which is unusual these days.

Bill

p.s. It should be noted that there are very few forums of this size that are not loaded down with V1agRa and other shit spam ads. I'm sure that this is no small task and I thank you for dealing with these issues and keeping this forum wicked awesome.

p.s. It should be noted that there are very few forums of this size that are not loaded down with V1agRa and other shit spam ads. I'm sure that this is no small task and I thank you for dealing with these issues and keeping this forum wicked awesome.
My feelings exactly.
Well put Bos!

And I did try to pull this shit stunt. It was my first time, making me a virgin troll. Just cuz my publisher has shit pR. No excuse. I'm still willing to take some penance. My poetry is garbage (why I don't write it anymore). My apologies to all. Good lord, what was I thinking? Was I thinking at all? I'm just here now to read and post on Bukowksi. I know I did bad, real bad. Wish I could blame drinking. But I was sober when I did it. Can we talk about Chinaski now? Sorry again, and again. I was an ass. Disregard all my previous nonsense. Bad poetry, like what I;m known for!

Hello, my name is Kane. I love Bukowski. I ain't nothin'. Just love his work. Thx.

One might actually question whether you're actually from London. Any self-respecting Londoner would come in the tradesman's entrance. But, you have grovelled. We'll see.

Well, you're no secret agent, that's for sure but you sound like you really want to be in here and accepted... You have confessed to everything except the Kennedy assassination but I think you really need to do more, much more. So, you get credit for trying, in a forum that should be living by the line,"Don't Try".

i think you've apologized enough. just start participating and soon enough it will be behind you. and welcome to the forum, dummy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back