INK POEMS book by MJP (1 Viewer)

just a heads up that there is only 1 hardcover left! (everyone who has emailed or private messaged me has one - as does bill, who posted in the thread but didn't specifically email me.) so, you know... don't snooze too long!

also, in other mjp news, the special edition of 'flying wedge' sold out today, so this is obviously an author in great demand.

to that point, the HC's are now gone!

if you didn't get one, don't despair - there will be a larger edition with arches paper covers decorated with 150-year old paper scraps and hand-lettered by the author... so all is not lost.

it won't be long now! i sent the books to mjp this morning to be inked, so hopefully we'll be ready to ship in a couple weeks. (and if we aren't, you know who to blame.)

Them books are on their way back to you guys now, in the safe hands of our governMENTAL post office officials, registered mail, like you asked. I'm sure you'll be having a variety of panic attacks until they arrive, so in the meantime, have a few drinks or something. ;) ...By the way, Dem be some beautiful books! You just keep outdoing yourselves!

thanks carol! and as awesome as these are, i'm tempted to throw out a 'y'all ain't seen nuthin' yet'... since i'm just about ready to start focusing on our next book, which i have some pretty rad ideas for.

also - i can't wait to see the inkpoems! after the amount of time i put into these bastards (which - let's be honest - was about as much time as i put into ONE copy of scribbles!), i'm excited to see them completed.

i can't wait to see the inkpoems!
In my defense, before you do see them, I was drinking heavily and standing at the kitchen counter when I was painting those things, so you may want to temper your enthusiasm.

But, you know, to anyone who paid for a hardcover - they're awesome! Seriously. You'll be all, "Holy shit, this should be in the museum of modern art!" And you're right, of course.

They're not that bad, are they? They made me laugh. I thought they were GOOD! How dare you!

they haven't arrived yet... they were supposed to come today, but registered mail can be slow, due to the heightened security. hopefully they'll be there on tuesday.

trade editions are done (well, 12 of them at least) and ready to ship! i'll list them here for sale as soon as i pick them up from the post office. the price will be $9 for the trade edition and $20 for the signed edition (and $75 for the amazing hardcovers, but those are now sold out).

i'm pretty happy with the trades - i found some cardstock-weight vellum to use as the wrapper over a piece of laid cardstock to give the book some weight, and it looks cool. i was going to laser-print the covers directly on vellum, but our printer was acting up, so i ordered a giant tube of black gocco ink from japan and screenprinted them. the ink doesn't really soak into the paper like it does on normal paper, so the cover almost looks like it has been hand lettered - it has a neat, rough quality to it that wouldn't be there if i had laser printed them (luckily we didn't fix the laser printer until after i ordered the gocco ink). the downside is that the ink doesn't totally set - you'll likely never notice it, since it is dry to the touch, but if you rub it with an eraser, you can get it to smear. just to be safe, each book will be shipped in a folded piece of mylar to protect the cover printing. and if you have a problem with it, just buy the signed edition for $20!

I see that someone has had a change of heart...

changedmind.jpg

I got my copie of INK POEMS by mjp and I find it absolutely beautiful.
Number eight.
Good job. Those rounded corners are quite slick.

She's not going to travel into space, it's just for looks!

Just got my HB copy. I feel proud to be one of the select few, well eight, who own one of these beautiful books.

Right now, there is actually a seagull outside my window who is beady-eyeing it. Congratulations to you both, you've made a handsome little baby (that's intended for Chance Press and mjp, not the seagull. His kid's look a little damaged if you ask me.)

got mine today, #6. beautiful.

excellent craftmanship as usual from the chance press art battalion.

and them seagulls has gots some mad skillz.

Got mine about two weeks ago and absolutely love it! I missed out on the numbered ones, but made it time for letter "E." Another fantastic job by mjp and chance press! Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back