Is Bukowski The Messiah? (2 Viewers)

<irony>
usually, we imagine Jesus to be a more or less handsome man. at least I've never seen an ugly picturization.

but what have I found, says the prophet Isaiah about the coming messiah?
look for yourself:

"The Suffering of the LORD's Servant
13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

14 As many were astonished at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:

15 so shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider."
(Isaiah 52, 13f)

and later:

"3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted."
(Isaiah 53, 3f)

... Does that sound like anybody we know?

</irony>

"3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

<bullshit>

Roni,
Very good, but there is a small error in translation. In the Ancient Greek, the word is not "sorrow", but "sparrow"; "A man of the Sparrow". Also, While Jesus had John the Baptist, Buk had John the Publisher.

ha!

Bill

</bullshit>

Buk as the suffering servant of the Lord with John the Publisher as his profet?
Far out, Roni! - But funny! :D

LOL! High five The BOS Press, and roni!

<bullshit>

Roni,
Very good, but there is a small error in translation. In the Ancient Greek, the word is not "sorrow", but "sparrow"; "A man of the Sparrow". Also, While Jesus had John the Baptist, Buk had John the Publisher.

ha!

Bill

</bullshit>

In the Ancient Greek, the word is not "sorrow", but "sparrow"; "A man of the Sparrow". Also, While Jesus had John the Baptist, Buk had John the Publisher.

oh, yeah maaaan! that's true!

still everything points to our hero, right?
He MUST be the Messiah!

p.s.:
maybe it was John the Buplishtist? or something like that?

still everything points to our hero, right?
He MUST be the Messiah!

p.s.:
maybe it was John the Buplishtist? or something like that?

LOL - Yes, of course he must be the Messiah and John the Buplishtist is his profet!
Whoever believe in Buk shall never die but have eternal life...

- Cheers to all my frriiieennds (instead of Amen) :D

a piece of juvenilia

the individual
the subject on the cross
has tasted life's blood
it's bitterness
and only for an idea
do they carry on.

the subject is any
who seek to liberate
themselves
from a role
from the preordained.

(i was once a most serious yoof)

To more than a degree. Read any of those early magazines. He is surrounded by some very staid and stuffy shit. His work (when it wasn't also staid and stuffy, which it could be at times early on) stands out like a sore thumb.

To more than a degree. Read any of those early magazines. He is surrounded by some very staid and stuffy shit. His work (when it wasn't also staid and stuffy, which it could be at times early on) stands out like a sore thumb.

and it still sticks out like a sore thumb now.

Bukowski is God.

well, THAT's a thing i knew way before:

Bukowski-ist-Gott_MID.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back