Is the door locked? (1 Viewer)

Gerard K H Love

Appreciate your friends
I remember seeing like hundreds of spybots and spammers trying to storm the doors to Bukowski.net in any given week. Now, the newest member is from 5-29-08.

Oh, maybe it's because schools are getting out or are in finals so no one needs help with their homework.

What do you suppose it is? besides they look around and find me so boring.

The door is locked.

But only to spammers, and maybe people with bad eyesight. Since the last upgrade we have been using captcha validation on the new account sign ups.

The overall effect is less new accounts, about 60 a month as opposed to 60 a day. But that is what it was before the spam bots targeted us. So, taking spammers out of the equation, new user sign up has remained steady pretty much since day one.

And now it's June, which is the beginning of three slow months on the web in general.

[...] Since the last upgrade we have been using captcha validation on the new account sign ups.

ooooh, i HATE those fuckin 'capchas'!!!
they SUCK so much, i can't even jack-off!

(yes, the 2nd part of the last sentence was a quote from Our man.)

really. i Hate them.

Well then it's good you're already signed up! ;)

I don't like them either, but they are deadly effective against the bots. Like, 100% effective. Ask Father Luke or hank solo. They used to have to deal with the spam. Now there is none.

Okay, maybe 99% effective. But that's 100 times better than before.

Or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back