Laughing on the toilet (1 Viewer)

Laughing on the toilet....

I like to keep a book at various places around my flat to suit the situation, and currently next to my throne I have 'Night torn mad..' I'm sure the neighbours must have wondered where this strange laughter was coming from in the early hours of this morning as I read the following...

to quote a philosopher

I'm Popeye the sailor man...

(I don't have the book to hand so I may be misquoting but if you know the poem bare with me)

So anyway the point of this thread (if it hasn't been rigorously buggered to within an inch of its life) is, 'what Bukowski lines have made you laugh so hard a little bit of wee came out?' Fortunately I was in the right place when this happened to me! Of course this could be a duplicitous thread with the other question being 'What books do you keep in what places?' But that question is hardly interesting or enlightening (unless of course you're a voyeur and always wondered whether mjp reads his Dosteovsky in a/ the bath b/ his library c/ his cigar and cognac discussion room, or, d/ his servants quarters)

Ok so that was an example of how to make a simple question fill a novel :( now if anyone actually remembers the question I shall await your responses and hope I don't leak as I don't keep my computer in the toilet :eek:

(unless of course you're a voyeur and always wondered whether mjp reads his Dosteovsky in a/ the bath b/ his library c/ his cigar and cognac discussion room, or, d/ his servants quarters)
Ah, you're close! But the truth is I have my servants read Dostoyevsky for me.

From one of the "letters" books, Buk was at one of the publishers and a secretary told him he looked familiar and asked him if he was one of the distributors and his respond went something like:

"the only thing I distribute is the end of my cock into wet throbbing pussies"

When I read this, I just thought it was very funny. Not so much because of the line but just considering the reaction of this secretary...haha.

You can pull that shit off when you're Bukowski...

here's the excerpt from 'It's just me' that tickled me...

...happy to be alone
I sit here at 3 a.m. and
clip my toenails as
I think about
my favourite philosopher
who said:
"I am Popeye the Sailor Man
I live in a garbage can
I like to swimmin'
with bow-legged wimmin
and I yam what I yam
what I yam!"

put that in your smoke and
pipe it

I thought I better quote correctly seeing as I started this thread!

They're 'restructuring' (we all know what that means) at my workplace so any amusing Bukowski stuff will be very appreciated come Monday morning, some quotes about being canned maybe pertinent :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back