laying pipe (1 Viewer)

Hello buk.nutters,

I've been lurking for a bit now absorbing the knowledge of Buk from yous guys.
I started with Buks short stories because they fit my attention span, read some poetry, and a couple of novels. I think I purposefully dont go Buk wild and read everything just to anticipate more enjoyment for years to come from his work. I agree with the argument that Buk is a one trick pony of sorts and it gets tiring for me at times but there are so many literary goose bumps I get from so many passages that keeps me coming back.
My fav buk of all time is actually in Barfly when Wanda comes back from fucking Eddie and starts, "Why did it have to be Eddie? Hes everything that disgusts me...." great stuff.

I have def entered the madhouse, for some strange reason poetry broadsides appeal to me. The summation of words and art created by usually independent press fits Buk well. Ive got ~20 or so, maybe ill u/l a pic. Ill prob start posting for opinions on some....anyways cya round.

Welcome aboard, pipelinecosby! Don't worry about reading all the stuff at once. There's still lots of novels, short stories and poem collections left for you to read, and they still keep publishing "new" Buk material. And don't forget all the CD's and DVD's with Buk readings and documentaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcomes. I once had a job as the night maintenance man at a Holiday Inn, most plumbing i've ever done. Saw the tallest stack of girlie mags i've had ever seen in the workshop too. Just had pipes on the brain. i dunno

Welcome, pipe! I started with Buk's poetry myself. Fits my attention span as well. And I know from plumbing. Used to work the plumbing/electrical sections at the local Lowe's.

My fav buk of all time is actually in Barfly when Wanda comes back from fucking Eddie and starts, "Why did it have to be Eddie? Hes everything that disgusts me...." great stuff.
That's maybe the first time someone quotes a film line as his fav Buk line; welcome. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back