Leonard Cohen's new CD

Erik

If u don't know the poetry u don't know Bukowski
Founding member
Here
leonard-cohen_wide.jpg
 
Via The New Yorker
​
Going Home​
​
by Leonard Cohen January 23, 2012 ​
​
I love to speak with Leonard​
He's a sportsman and a shepherd​
He's a lazy bastard​
Living in a suit​
​
But he does say what I tell him​
Even though it isn't welcome​
He will never have the freedom​
To refuse​
​
He will speak these words of wisdom​
Like a sage, a man of vision​
Though he knows he's really nothing​
But the brief elaboration of a tube​
​
Going home​
Without my sorrow​
Going home​
Sometime tomorrow​
To where it's better​
Than before​
​
Going home​
Without my burden​
Going home​
Behind the curtain​
Going home​
Without the costume​
That I wore​
​
He wants to write a love song​
An anthem of forgiving​
A manual for living with defeat​
​
A cry above the suffering​
A sacrifice recovering​
But that isn't what I want him to complete​
​
I want to make him certain​
That he doesn't have a burden​
That he doesn't need a vision​
​
That he only has permission​
To do my instant bidding​
That is to SAY what I have told him​
To repeat​
​
Going home​
Without my sorrow​
Going home​
Sometime tomorrow​
Going home​
To where it's better​
Than before​
​
Going home​
Without my burden​
Going home​
Behind the curtain​
Going home​
Without the costume​
That I wore​
​
I love to speak with Leonard​
He's a sportsman and a shepherd​
He's a lazy bastard​
Living in a suit​

Audio: Leonard Cohen sings "Going Home."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top