Let me introduce myself. This hello crap would make Bukowski puke! (1 Viewer)

Everyone on TV is Jewish, haven't you heard? They control all the money too.

The beauty of Larry King is that he would interview Hitler, and he'd ask him things like, "Does your wife like your moustache? It looks like it would be scratchy." and "Adolph - it's an unusual name, where's it from?"

Well Mr. R8R RoK, welcome to the forum. I loved your first post. It kind of makes me feel good for someone to tell us that Hank would roll over in his grave about the BS posted on this site. Frankly I believe that he would be at the track and then to the typewriter forthwith. Bukowski strikes me as the type who doesn'tgive two shits what other people think. My favorite football team is anyone that is playing the Raiders.

... he'd ask him things like, "Does your wife like your moustache? It looks like it would be scratchy." and "Adolph - it's an unusual name, where's it from?"

"Oh, well, she fell in love with this comedian, you know, Shirley Champling or something, and she thought that moustage would look cute together with my funny hairdo.

And that name - yes, it's unusual. It has an ancient teutonic root meaning 'The one with no scrotum'.

But let us now talk about my new book. It's called 'Mine Cumph' and is about a madman who got seriously traumatised through poverty-childhood and World-War 1, so he decides to become a mass-murderer. Go buy it! I intend to make a live-performance out of it."

Phlegm can come from a build-up of tar in the lungs from years of heavy smoking. (Even only a few years, actually). Which is why smokers cough so much - they're oxygen is being supressed with phlegm/tar/etc.

I guess I can join the club. My father died of cancer before he would have turned 75. I stopped smoking several times but then jumped back into the trap.
Longest time I didn't smoke was more than 2 years.I'm a fool :mad:

I've gone three hours and cried hysterically. My husband felt like shit because he was the one who told me I should quit. Back on a pack a day now.

Gotta die'ah something.

Allan Carr is a guy from England who used to smoke more than 100 cigarettes a day until through his heavy addiction he found out how smoking can easily be quit.His book turned out to become a bestseller,his method is called easy way.One thing is,you may smoke while you read the book.He doesn't want you to stop immediately,you are adviced to continue smoking until you've finished the book.
Carr afterwards put out a book to stop smoking for ever,I should get that one. Because the easier you quit,the easier you start again.

I guess I can join the club. My father died of cancer before he would have turned 75. I stopped smoking several times but then jumped back into the trap.
Longest time I didn't smoke was more than 2 years.I'm a fool :mad:
Not everyone's capable of quitting cold turkey. And just because you started up after quitting for a time doesn't mean you can't quit again for a time. Perhaps next time you'll quit for longer than the last.

I've gone three hours and cried hysterically. My husband felt like shit because he was the one who told me I should quit. Back on a pack a day now.
Did he help you try to quit? Or did he just tell you to?

I have smoked very rarely for a very long time now, but when I really want one, I have one. My other daily exposures (the metal fabrication, the oil based paints) will likely be my undoing...not the three packs of Marlboros per year.

I have smoked very rarely for a very long time now, but when I really want one, I have one. My other daily exposures (the metal fabrication, the oil based paints) will likely be my undoing...not the three packs of Marlboros per year.

I'm a big fan of ironic deaths. We have dry heat where we live. I wake up every morning with nose bleeds, dry throat/mouth, etc. Lead-paint based heaters in the middle of Troy, NY that I sleep right next to every night to stay warm. It'll probably be an ironic case of walking pneumonia or aspestos, something to that effect, and not the pack and a half a day of Marb red 100s.

Have you ever gone a week without a good justification?

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I said it, too! I must use that line once a day... and yes, he says "rationalization", but I find the expression works interchangably... he was playing some kind of journalist, I think? Wasn't he also a drug dealer, or something? Or was that the other guy? Been so long since I've seen it, been trying to find it on somewhere.

Got it on DVD. Pull it out every now and then, as the sound track kicks iffen you like Motown, and lotsa other '60s stuff. I think William Hurt was the drug-addled persona; and he pulled it off well. IMO, a classic for its time period and genre. But maybe that's me just rationalizing my age... :eek::D

Really dig the funeral service scene where Kevin Costner never shows up; just his slit wrists. And the Stones are playing in the background: You Can't Always Get What You Want..."

Should pick it up on DVD if I can find it somewhere, or off line. The soundtrack does kick ass, was always into Motown and old stuff like that. As for rationalizing your age... you're only as old as you feel, so long as you don't feel like shit you're a ok. ;)

The funeral service scene was always iconic to me. There's actually a scene in another movie, High Fidelity with John Cussack, where they're counting down, top 5 songs about death... You Can't Always Get What You Want is one of them... Jack Black then says, "No, immediate disqualification because of it's involvement with The Big Chill." ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back