Looking for a Bukowski quote ... or am I? (1 Viewer)

Hi guys,

My lovely wife has a coworker whose father is fond of a certain quote. I had always "known" that the quote was from Bukowski -- I actually was fairly sure it came from a story in Erections, Ejaculations, Exhibitions and General Tales of Ordinary Madness.

The quote is something like, "I don't understand people who don't drink. I can't imagine waking up in the morning and knowing that's the best you're going to feel all day."

But when I Googled part of the quote and "Bukowski" this came up on a quotation site:

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." ~Frank Sinatra

I leafed through my copy of Ordinary Madness but I figured that rather than do a page-by-page search I'd be lazy and ask you all. It could be that the guy who introduced me to Bukowski attributed the quote to Buk and I've believed it ever since. So ... did Buk ever say anything like this? Or is it really Sinatra?

Thanks for your help,

Harry

Yeah I have a bunch of live Dean Martin Cd's and he uses that line in almost every one of the cds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back