Mafia (1 Viewer)

Well, here's something funny. Even though Hill himself is still selling his paintings on eBay for an average price of 35bucks.... Someone is betting on either him dying soon, or has no idea that Hill is still selling these? Look at this one on eBay right now.... Current asking price of $2,999.00? WOW! Also asking $66.00 for shipping, whoa!

hillebay.jpg

I also found my picture that came with my painting, I need to somehow frame this with the painting, cause, c'mon it's Henry.

hillwithpic.jpg

It seems like the seller is hoping some sucker will be coming along. It's distasteful!
The painting is nice though, because it's really four or five paintings in one. I've seen Henry Hill selling each of the four (five, if you count the rat motif) motifs as separate paintings on Ebay. If I should buy one, I would choose this one here which depicts four incidents in his life.

Nice photo! Of course you should frame it with the painting, or perhaps in a separate frame next to it.
Did you ask Henry Hill for thephoto when you bought the painting, or does he send such a photo with every painting he sells?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he sends the photos with each one? It came in an email right after I won the auction. You're right, the one going for 3K is cool because it depicts the different story lines, but I know similar ones if not that one were on eBay for about 35 bucks. Crazy to think someone would buy it for 3k.

Damn, I still want my Jerry Garcia.
Wow, that's about 50 times better than any homeless mind/Bill Munch "rock star" painting. At least that bears a passing resemblance to Garcia. Unlike the chimpanzee fecal smears that Munch tries to pass off as art.

I think he sends the photos with each one? It came in an email right after I won the auction. You're right, the one going for 3K is cool because it depicts the different story lines, but I know similar ones if not that one were on eBay for about 35 bucks. Crazy to think someone would buy it for 3k.

In an email? I see. I thought it arrived together with the painting. It's no problem printing it out on photo paper, of course.
I had a look at Henry Hill's paintings at ebay last week, and the one we're talking about wasn't among them. The four themes were there alright, but as separate paintings, but I guess Henry Hill would be willing to paint the "four-in-one" painting if somebody asked him to.
The 3k price is just so far out, I can only shake my head and smile.

James, years ago, on a plane to Vancouver.
I had no idea who he was.
He gave me his card and said "Call me if you need anything".
Once at home, I looked at the card and wondered where I had heard that name.
I kept it for a year or so and threw it away.
I suppose I didn't need anything that bad...

frank+cotroni+and+nancy+sinatra.jpg

Frank Cotroni and Black Swan
oops, I mean, Nancy Sinatra.

No friend of mine!

All I remember is that he wore a shiny night blue suit and that he was sitting next to me on a plane to Vancouver. He said that he was going to Kelowna? I asked him what was he going to do in Kelowna! He then said that he was a teacher and to give him a call if I ever needed anything.
He told me that his name was Frank Cotroni and gave me a card. It did ring a tiny bell. I also remember thinking what is a guy wearing a suit like that doing in Kelowna B.C.?o_0o

Kelowna is one fucked up town. About a year ago one of the Red Scorpion gang siblings, Jonathan Bacon, was shot dead outside a big Kelowna hotel (they have those now you know). The other brothers are doing time. So maybe that gang has slowed down a bit leaving the United Nations and the Hell's Angels to sort out their differences. An Angel was also shot, but not killed, alongside Jonathan. A UN hit?

And people disappear around there. Small change people albeit, but they go to buy their drugs, and they don't come back. Someone gets into a traffic altercation, and dies from retaliation as a result. A cop is caught on film kicking a guy in the face (while the guy is on his knees on the pavement outside his vehicle) after being stopped for allegedly having shot a firearm on a golf course. And the guy was hired to keep the birds away from the course. Just a fucked up town.

Not to mention the political shenanigans.

And that's where my family's at now! :eek:

I hope you kept the card. It might even be worth some money on Ebay.
No, I kept the card for a year and thought that I would never need anything that bad to give him a call.:fog:
What I remember is that he was soft spoken, really calm, and the midnight blue of his suit.

Makes the local 6 o'clock news more interesting, from rogue cops/politicians to whackos with hit lists (he got two of twelve before the cops gunned him down) and international butchers using the mail to deliver body parts (hello Luka!), to politicians and local schools, than most literature.

docs on richard kuklinski. the "iceman" was not a niceman!
[This video is unavailable.]

and interviewed by a psychiatrist
[This video is unavailable.]

I see they finally got Henry Hill. Or maybe he just died from doing all that coke back when he was Ray Liotta. Anyway, did anyone purchase one of his stunning pieces of art work? Now could be the time to cash in.

yeah, I always wanted to because the story is interesting, but then I hated his art so much.

Also, the idea that he sold signed ice picks and other stuff seemed like he was just trying to put anything out to make a buck. He did not seem to give a shit about art, just money...

Bill

It's interesting that he got away with ratting on the mob, because he would've been easy to find and kill. I guess they decided it wasn't worth it, although it's not exactly a good message to sent to future rats, but what the hell, since they all rat on each other nowadays. It used to be a sensation when a mobster ratted on his co-mobsters, but know it's almost the norm.
Too bad, I did'nt buy one of Henry Hill's "Fine Art" paintings when I had the chance. It would've been cool to own one, not because they were great artwork, but because of the interesting story behind them.

I wonder if Rourke can pull it off. I think Di Niro would've been a good choice, because he did a good job when he played the psycho in "Cape Fear".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back