• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

Menebroker - Surviving Bukowski (1 Viewer)

And on abe there is only one copy at $200. I'm glad that I have mine and that I paid much less than the $80.

This one does not show up often, though.

Bill

True enough, it is rare to see copies for sale. Still, if I paid $80 - $200 for that, I'd be mightily disappointed when I received and read it, that's all I can say.

Thank you, cirerita! You are such an asset for this forum. Thanks to you many of us Buk nuts gets access to rare stuff we otherwise would not see.
Kudos!
I am the editor of the chapbook: Surviving Bukowski: The Relationship Between Ann Menebroker and Charles Bukowski 1998. Only 50 copies published. 25 signed by Ann Menebroker. Unpublished letters from Bukowski ( with permission from Black Sparrow press. Two drawings by Bukowski. The book South of no north was dedicated to Ann Menebroker.

I am the editor of Surviving Bukowski. 50 copies of the chapbook were published. John Martin gave me full permission to publish the Bukowski letters which, up to that point, were unpublished. The chapbook is not a memoir, just a series of quotes from letters written by Ann, my cousin, to me during the 60s and 90s. mjp, Ann would never speak the way you say she did She is too civilized for that. The chapbook was published after Bukowski's death. Buk dedicated South of no West to Ann Menebroker. Since nothing has been written about their relationship, I thought it the work would add a little bit to the knowledge about Buk. How the chapbook is evaluated is up to those who read it and very few have. In fact, only 35 copies were distributed the rest are in my possession. Ann signed some of the copies. I have the first one she signed. I gave my copies to people who I thought would appreciate them. I have made no effort to sell the ones I have left. Yes, it is very rare. I have nothing to do with the price people are willing to pay, that is up to them.

In fact, only 35 copies were distributed the rest are in my possession. Ann signed some of the copies.

2012-07-01-delete-006.jpg

Hey Roger -since you have 15 left, would you be interested in parting with one? I'd love to read it. If you're really not concerned with prices, then I'd be a terrific buyer :)

...and this beauty just went to a museum in Germany last week to be displayed in an exhibition in summer 2013:

View attachment 4445

Yes, her name was Ann Bauman until she married again to Mr. Menebroker. It was nice to see that inscription. Ann returned most of the letter to Bukowsky that she received from him. Buk had a buyer. Ann asked for nothing. I think she had around 70 letters.
Roger

Hey Roger -since you have 15 left, would you be interested in parting with one? I'd love to read it. If you're really not concerned with prices, then I'd be a terrific buyer :)

Make me an offer. Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back