men's wc (1 Viewer)

hello there !

nice forum -I think I have a lot to learn from here
...it is also my first forum about poetry (which is my fav litterature genre)
and I'm happy that is for Bukowski -my absolut American poet

other poets I love : Blake, Taylor, Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Doucasse, Cavafy, Omar Al Khayam, Pesoa, Lorca etc

so my question is quite an easy one : I'm searching for the title (or the whole poem if it's possible) of a very known Bukowski poem

the story goes in a public wc of men, when Charles sees someone to sit on the toilet to shit and starts his thoughts

by the end he states that he hopes to find some day the real Man for to save something if not shit on it

any suggestions ???

cheers

A public convenience. A bathroom. The john. The head. A toilet. Water closet.

ha! a water closet! i suppose i kinda knew that that's what was being mentioned(toilet, shitting), but i've never heard of "wc" in my life.

i have no help with the poem though. sorry guadalquivir...:(

It's Men's Crapper, but is it really very known?

If you enter the title in the famous and almighty Works database it seems that it was only published in two littles in `67.

Last edited by a moderator:
bukowski001.jpg

It's Men's Crapper, but is it really very known?

If you enter the title in the famous and almighty Works database it seems that it was only published in two littles in `67.

THANKS MATE :)

well I suggested that is a known poem because I read somewhere somewhen in a book (probably a non Charles book, or it was Southern of no North?) that someone saw in a WC that poem graved on the door

also I found it (translated into Greek) in two different anthologies of Modern American poetry...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back