• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

misc Bukowski (1 Viewer)

Jason

Founding member
Cleaning out the print shop and 'found' the following Bukowski items; prices, as always, are negotiable.

BUKOWSKI, Charles. AS BUDDHA SMILES
Dover: Bottle of Smoke, 2003.

First edition, set of 20 poem cards, 2.5" x 3.5", printed in various types, on various colored cards, on an antique Kelsey 5 x 8 press, number 55 of 74. Fine, as new, in publisher's clear plastic box.

$45 (includes shipping in US) [one copy on ABE: $83]

BUKOWSKI, Charles. BURNING IN WATER DROWNING IN FLAME
Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1988.

Fourteenth printing, 232 pages, paperback bound in cloth covered boards (for library?). Introduction by Bukowski. Covers a bit sunned, stained, internally clean. Solid reading copy

$3 ($3 shipping in the US)

Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1974.

First edition (color title page), 232 pages, paperback bound in cloth covered boards, library pocket and stcker inside back cover from State University of New York. Introduction by Bukowski. Covers lightly worn, otherwise internally clean. Solid reading copy

$5 ($3 shipping in the US)

BUKOWSKI, Charles. ROLL THE DICE
San Francisco: Abandoned Planet Bookstore, 2000

First Edition, poster, 16.75" x 21.75", printed in two colors, photograph by Michael Montfort. Bukowski poem: ROLL THE DICE (collected in WHAT MATTERS MOST..., 1999). Good condition, folded as issued

$5 (includes shipping in US)

BLACK SPARROW PRESS - NEW TITLES

1) Spring/Summer 1992
BUKOWSKI, Charles. THE LAST NIGHT OF THE EARTH POEMS [includes excerpt]

2) Spring/Summer 1999
BUKOWSKI, Charles. REACH FOR THE SUN
KRUMHANSL, Aaron. A DESCRIPTIVE BIBLIOGRAPHY...

3) Fall/Winter 2000
BUKOWSKI, Charles. OPEN ALL NIGHT [includes excerpt]

$5 for the lot (includes shipping in US)

i'll buy that copy of as Buddha Smiles. I have no more and have a friend who helps me print that needs one...

Let me know the postage amount and i'll paypal ya...

Bill

Hi Jason: Is this is a hardcover or a softcover? "Paperback bound in cloth covered boards" is well, confusing. Pending response, $8 to be sent via paypal. I guess for $8 it must be a softcover, but boards makes me wonder.

Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1974.

First edition (color title page), 232 pages, paperback bound in cloth covered boards, library pocket and stcker inside back cover from State University of New York. Introduction by Bukowski. Covers lightly worn, otherwise internally clean. Solid reading copy

$5 ($3 shipping in the US)

Yeah those new titles booklets are somethin'. I'm glad I missed those because I really don't need any more small press ephemera... Aw, who am I kidding? I always do...

Purple, it says it's a library copy, so the library probably bought a paparback and had it bound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, as Bukfan pointed out, it appears the binder took a paperback book and bound it into cloth-covered boards. In the case of the 1st edition, the paperback covers are no longer present, but the other copy I have listed still has the paperback front cover intact and present.

I'd like the Roll the Dice poster if you still have it (crossing fingers). If you have it, let me know how much shipping is and how to pay you.

Thanks,
Bhu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back