• If you start a thread here you have permission to edit the thread and your posts indefinitely. So if the status of your sale or auction changes, please come back and update the thread.

more Bukowski items (1 Viewer)

Jason

Founding member
Prices listed are negotiable, domestic shipping will be about $4, international will be charged at cost...

>> BOOKS

(Bukowski, Charles) BEERSPIT NIGHT AND CURSING: THE CORRESPONDENCE OF CHARLES BUKOWSKI AND SHERI MARTINELLI, 1960-1967, edited by Steven Moore (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 2001) first edition, hardcover, one of 500 numbered copies with a serigraph print by Bukowski bound in. Includes over 300 pages of correspondence and two appendices: Martinelli's review of A SIGNATURE OF CHARLES BUKOWSKI, and Bukowski's contributions to the ANAGOGIC & PAIDEUMIC REVIEW, which includes 5 poems and an illustrated short story. The center section of the book contains 16 photos including two of Bukowski with the Webbs. Fine, as new. $40

Bukowski, Charles. CERVEZA/BEER (Buenos Aires: Edicion Bilingue, 1995) first edition, folio serigraph, single sheet folded once to make four pages with printing and illustrations on all sides, out of series copy Bukowski poem printed in Spanish and English en face, translated by Federico Luduena, full page foreword on Bukowski by Jorge Lanata, graphic pyrotechnics by Carols N. Tirabussi. Fine $50 [shipping on this will be extra since it's oversized: 24" x 28"]

Bukowski, Charles. CONFESSION OF A COWARD (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1995) first edition, hardcover, one of 250 numbered copies, short story: CONFESSION OF A COWARD. Fine (Krumhansl #142b) $20

Bukowski, Charles. GOING MODERN (Fremont, CA: Ruddy Duck Press, 1984) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/500 unnumbered, comprises Vol.3, No.2, a special chapbook issue of ORO MADRE magazine, Bukowski poems: ENDURANCE"”THE OLD HELPING THE OLD"”SEE:ENDING"”THE IMPROBABLE PROBABILITY"”GARBAGE"”GOING MODERN. Fine (Krumhansl #92) $10

Bukowski, Charles. THE LAST GENERATION (Santa Barbara: Black Sparrow Press, 1982) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/1092, poem: THE LAST GENERATION. Fine (Krumhansl #72a) $5

Bukowski, Charles, and Linda King. ME AND YOUR SOMETIMES LOVE POEMS (Phoenix: Purring Press, 1999) third edition, stapled wrappers, #56/100, signed and dated by Linda King. Fine (see Krumhansl #42) $35

Bukowski, Charles. NOW (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1992) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/2000, poem: NOW. Fine (Krumhansl #128a) $5

Bukowski, Charles. POST OFFICE (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1971) 19th printing, paperback bound into library cloth hardcover binding though with no library markings. Near Fine. $5

Bukowski, Charles. THE SINGER (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1999) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/2000, poems: TABBY CAT"”CARLTON WAY OFF WESTERN AVE."”I INHERIT"”BE ALONE"”THE SINGER"”ROLL THE DICE. Fine (Krumhansl #158a) $5

Bukowski, Charles. SPARKS (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1983) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/1390, poem: SPARKS. Fine (Krumhansl #77) $5

(Bukowski, Charles) STOVEPIPER: BOOK ONE (Northridge, CA: Stovepiper Books, 1994) first edition, paperback, one of 1000 numbered copies, Bukowski poems: IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW"”THE ESCAPADE OF ILLUSION"”THE NUDE DESCENDING. Fine, as new. $5

Bukowski, Charles and Diane Wakoski. TOUGH COMPANY, THE LAST POEM (Santa Barbara: Black Sparrow Press, 1976) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/740, poem: TOUGH COMPANY. Fine (Krumhansl #53a) $10

Bukowski, Charles. WOMEN (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1978) 13th printing, paperback bound into library cloth hardcover binding though with no library markings. Near Fine. $5

>> ANTHOLOGIES & PERIODICALS

Bukowski, Charles. THE CAGE (Boise, ID: Limberlost Press, 1987) first edition, postcard, contained in folio together with 23 other poetry postcards by various authors [Allen Ginsberg, John Clellon Holmes...]. Fine (Krumhansl #107) $100

(Bukowski, Charles). SECOND COMING, Vol. 5, No. 1 (San Francisco: Second Coming Press, 1977) paperback. Near Fine. $5

>> RECORDINGS

(Bukowski, Charles). CHARLES BUKOWSKI (England: Beat Scene, 1991) 7" flexidisc, spoken word poems: LOVE & FAME & DEATH"” I'VE ALWAYS HAD TROUBLE WITH MONEY. Fine $5

>> BIBLIOGRAPICAL & BIOGRAPHICAL

(Bukowski, Charles). A DESCRIPTIVE BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE PRIMARY PUBLICATIONS OF CHARLES BUKOWSKI by Aaron Krumhansl (Santa Rose: Black Sparrow Press, 1999) first edition, hardcover, one of 350 numbered copies, contains previously unpublished broadside poem CRIME & PUNISHMENT. Fine. $70

(Bukowski, Charles). FBI FILE #140-35907 [1957-1970]. Library tape bound photocopy of FBI file on Henry Charles Bukowski, Jr. Fine. $10

(Bukowski, Charles). FIRSTS. January 1995 issue with an article about collecting Charles Bukowski and includes an "informal" checklist. Fine. $5

>> EPHEMERA

(Bukowski, Charles). A COLLECTION OF WORKS BY CHARLES BUKOWSKI, Catalogue Fifteen, Jeffrey H. Weinberg Books. Includes 11 Bukowski drawings including the cover drawing of the little man with the bottle. Ah, what the prices were back in 1981! $5

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi James,

I'd like to take:

(Bukowski, Charles). SECOND COMING, Vol. 5, No. 1 (San Francisco: Second Coming Press, 1977) paperback. Near Fine. $5

Bukowski, Charles. SPARKS (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1983) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/1390, poem: SPARKS. Fine (Krumhansl #77) $5

Bukowski, Charles. THE SINGER (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1999) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/2000, poems: TABBY CAT"”CARLTON WAY OFF WESTERN AVE."”I INHERIT"”BE ALONE"”THE SINGER"”ROLL THE DICE. Fine (Krumhansl #158a) $5

Bukowski, Charles. THE LAST GENERATION (Santa Barbara: Black Sparrow Press, 1982) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/1092, poem: THE LAST GENERATION. Fine (Krumhansl #72a) $5

Bukowski, Charles. NOW (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1992) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/2000, poem: NOW. Fine (Krumhansl #128a) $5

Thanks.

Jason, see you found the Second Coming v5 #1 again that I PMd about previously.

Shame Ponder beat me to it :mad:

Can I take GOING MODERN, THE LAST GENERATION, NOW, THE SINGER, SPARKS and TOUGH COMPANY, THE LAST POEM.

Edit: Oh Sh*t - Ponder has also now added all of these to his list too.

Is the FBI file the old type or the new type? I.e, the old type is the one where names are blacked out and can be read using the 'in front of a bulb or window' technique.

If its the old type, can I take that too.

Edit: Nevermind. Now I just need to ban Ponder for 6 months....

Sorry H S!

Usually I'm sleeping or working when they offer these beautiful Bukowski items on buknet. This is the first time I'm not too late.

Jason, see you found the Second Coming v5 #1 again that I PMd about previously.
GOING MODERN is still available as is TOUGH COMPANY.

Apologies, yes you had PM'd me about the copy of SECOND COMPANY a month ago now, I think.

As for the FBI file, since it's a photo copy the redacted portions of the text can not be read by skylighting the pages.

Here's what's left of this batch:

>> BOOKS

(Bukowski, Charles) BEERSPIT NIGHT AND CURSING: THE CORRESPONDENCE OF CHARLES BUKOWSKI AND SHERI MARTINELLI, 1960-1967, edited by Steven Moore (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 2001) first edition, hardcover, one of 500 numbered copies with a serigraph print by Bukowski bound in. Includes over 300 pages of correspondence and two appendices: Martinelli's review of A SIGNATURE OF CHARLES BUKOWSKI, and Bukowski's contributions to the ANAGOGIC & PAIDEUMIC REVIEW, which includes 5 poems and an illustrated short story. The center section of the book contains 16 photos including two of Bukowski with the Webbs. Fine, as new. $40

Bukowski, Charles. CERVEZA/BEER (Buenos Aires: Edicion Bilingue, 1995) first edition, folio serigraph, single sheet folded once to make four pages with printing and illustrations on all sides, out of series copy Bukowski poem printed in Spanish and English en face, translated by Federico Luduena, full page foreword on Bukowski by Jorge Lanata, graphic pyrotechnics by Carols N. Tirabussi. Fine $50 [shipping on this will be extra since it's oversized: 24" x 28"]

Bukowski, Charles. CONFESSION OF A COWARD (Santa Rosa: Black Sparrow Press, 1995) first edition, hardcover, one of 250 numbered copies, short story: CONFESSION OF A COWARD. Fine (Krumhansl #142b) $20

Bukowski, Charles. GOING MODERN (Fremont, CA: Ruddy Duck Press, 1984) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/500 unnumbered, comprises Vol.3, No.2, a special chapbook issue of ORO MADRE magazine, Bukowski poems: ENDURANCE"”THE OLD HELPING THE OLD"”SEE:ENDING"”THE IMPROBABLE PROBABILITY"”GARBAGE"”GOING MODERN. Fine (Krumhansl #92) $10

Bukowski, Charles, and Linda King. ME AND YOUR SOMETIMES LOVE POEMS (Phoenix: Purring Press, 1999) third edition, stapled wrappers, #56/100, signed and dated by Linda King. Fine (see Krumhansl #42) $35

(Bukowski, Charles) STOVEPIPER: BOOK ONE (Northridge, CA: Stovepiper Books, 1994) first edition, paperback, one of 1000 numbered copies, Bukowski poems: IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW"”THE ESCAPADE OF ILLUSION"”THE NUDE DESCENDING. Fine, as new. $5

Bukowski, Charles and Diane Wakoski. TOUGH COMPANY, THE LAST POEM (Santa Barbara: Black Sparrow Press, 1976) first edition, stapled wrappers, 1/740, poem: TOUGH COMPANY. Fine (Krumhansl #53a) $10

>> ANTHOLOGIES & PERIODICALS

Bukowski, Charles. THE CAGE (Boise, ID: Limberlost Press, 1987) first edition, postcard, contained in folio together with 23 other poetry postcards by various authors [Allen Ginsberg, John Clellon Holmes...]. Fine (Krumhansl #107) $100

>> RECORDINGS

(Bukowski, Charles). CHARLES BUKOWSKI (England: Beat Scene, 1991) 7" flexidisc, spoken word poems: LOVE & FAME & DEATH"” I'VE ALWAYS HAD TROUBLE WITH MONEY. Fine $5

>> BIBLIOGRAPICAL & BIOGRAPHICAL

(Bukowski, Charles). A DESCRIPTIVE BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE PRIMARY PUBLICATIONS OF CHARLES BUKOWSKI by Aaron Krumhansl (Santa Rose: Black Sparrow Press, 1999) first edition, hardcover, one of 350 numbered copies, contains previously unpublished broadside poem CRIME & PUNISHMENT. Fine. $70

(Bukowski, Charles). FBI FILE #140-35907 [1957-1970]. Library tape bound photocopy of FBI file on Henry Charles Bukowski, Jr. Fine. $10

(Bukowski, Charles). FIRSTS. January 1995 issue with an article about collecting Charles Bukowski and includes an "informal" checklist. Fine. $5

Oh for Christ's sake, stop posting this stuff! ;)

I'll take the Krumhansl biblio and the Linda King "Me and Your Sometimes Love Poems."

Thing is, I already have the "Crime and Punishment" broadside. Can we work something out?

I think I paid $20 for mine from Jeff Maser. No matter either way.

Send me details via PM and I'll pay via paypal.

JM

If I'm not mistaken that's hand-sewn, rather than stapled.

I think that is the king of all the New Years Greetings. If I didn't already have one I would snap it up at that price!

Okay. Enough arm twisting. Tough Company and Going Modern can come and live here. Damn.

That's a great price for Krumhansl - I didn't notice it was a numbered copy.

Oh for Christ's sake, stop posting this stuff! ;)

I'll take the Krumhansl biblio and the Linda King "Me and Your Sometimes Love Poems."

Thing is, I already have the "Crime and Punishment" broadside. Can we work something out?

I think I paid $20 for mine from Jeff Maser. No matter either way.

Send me details via PM and I'll pay via paypal.

JM

I'm not interested in selling the Biblio separately from the broadside. You'll likely find a Buk.net member that would be interested in purchasing it from you...

I think that is the king of all the New Years Greetings. If I didn't already have one I would snap it up at that price!

Let me check on it when I'm home this evening. I don't recall, off-hand.

Yes, you're right, of course. I just checked my copy.

If We Take (1969 for 1970 NYG) would be a close second, or perhaps even a first. It really is nice to hold. Green thread on the unsigned, and red thread on the call-for signed. (I've got a green-thread signed later.)

Of course, I haven't seen the Buk/Wakowski from '76, so I'm just blowin' smoke as familiar to me.

You guys make me wish I had money. I'll pass on ... everything, reluctantly. Hell, I'm going to sell a bunch of books today. You know, bread, gas, the mortagage. But I always keep my Bukowski books, even if they are just paperback reprints. He gets you through the days. To me, they're all like signed hardcovers. I can feel his DNA all over them.

I probably do. It's a matter of getting organized, finding the time in my insane schedule to list them. Stay tuned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back