my blog got its first hate mail!! (1 Viewer)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
i'm so happy. i never thought in a million years that my little, obscure blog about books and book collecting would make anyone angry, but that was probably naive of me.

here's the comment:
Hey Mate,

You could blab on about the errors of Tintin all your life, but nothing is this article is even remotely important. For one, the reason tintin does not find sex is because it is simply not important. Tintin comics are about adventure, and thats exactly what they offer. I think you should really stop wasting your time with such rediculous articles. Please stop publishing this bullshit. You are a fucking weirdo! Why would you talk about tintin possibly being homosexual? IT DOES NOT MATTER!!! If it was important herge would have highlighted it, but he didnt, so ITS NOT..

GET A LIFE..

and my response to him:

Dear Shunun,
Thank you for your recent comment posting on the ChancePress blog. Unfortunately, due to the large amount of hate mail I receive here at ChancePress Global Headquarters, I cannot reply to each insane, profanity-laden diatribe individually. However, I do want you to know that I appreciate you taking the time to post a bizarrely angry rant on the ChancePress blog, and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Your friend,
Jordan

to which i received this email:
dude, fuck off, i dont even know you!

incidentally, i love it when people insult you and then get mad when you contact them. so, i sent this response:

Of course you do. I'm the "fucking weirdo" who you asked to "please stop publishing this bullshit" on my blog entry about Tintin. You can't insult and swear at someone on their blog and then expect never to hear from them again. It's just bad form.

Your friend,
Jordan

he hasn't responded to that. i'll be sure to post it when he does, though!

Jordan;
The 'Hey Mate' greeting sounds like someone from the British colonies and maybe even New Zealand. It could be some poor guy who is jealous about the emigration of Rubyred or just some clown obsessed with a cartoon character.:rolleyes:. Congratulations and good luck.

You could have responded to "dude, fuck off, I don't even know you" with "To know me is to love me."

The fun has just begun; wait until you pick up cyberstalkers. I have three of them, going back to 2005. Fun stuff.

Overrated. The kind who show up and threaten
your family are much more fun.
Trust old Father Luke on this. ;)

Congrats, Jordan. A wider audience calls. . .

Father Luke said:
Overrated. The kind who show up and threaten
your family are much more fun.

your mom was totally in on that with me and you know it.

it's better when you have kids.

it doesn't get really really scary until then.

Congrats, Jordan! You probably ran into a devout Tin-Tin fan, who takes Tin-Tin SERIOUSLY!

and my response to him:

Dear Shunun,
Thank you for your recent comment posting on the ChancePress blog. Unfortunately, due to the large amount of hate mail I receive here at ChancePress Global Headquarters, I cannot reply to each insane, profanity-laden diatribe individually. However, I do want you to know that I appreciate you taking the time to post a bizarrely angry rant on the ChancePress blog, and I hope to hear from you again soon.

Your friend,
Jordan!

Of course you do. I'm the "fucking weirdo" who you asked to "please stop publishing this bullshit" on my blog entry about Tintin. You can't insult and swear at someone on their blog and then expect never to hear from them again. It's just bad form.

Your friend,
Jordan

he hasn't responded to that. i'll be sure to post it when he does, though!

a very diplomatic response to your first hate mail, keep up the good work sir!

Good job Jordan!

I just love Tintin, don't you all?

I have all the Tintin books published by Herge.

always wondered if he was gay! as I became of age as they use to say.

I think he is . What do you say?

And the Captain... and Tournesol the professor.

A little like The Village People, NO?

That drawing of Tintin looks like the imaginary friend I had when I was 3 years old. Or that is as close to what I remember my friend looked like. It's those empty blank eyes and small delicate features. I was in Japan. What else was there to do?

Good job Jordan!
I just love Tintin, don't you all?
I have all the Tintin books published by Herge.
always wondered if he was gay! as I became of age as they use to say.
I think he is . What do you say?
And the Captain... and Tournesol the professor.
A little like The Village People, NO?

I like Tin-Tin. I've read all the albums and I still have a few of them.
Yes, Captain Haddock is great with all his drinking and cursing. He reminds me of Buk! Tournesol is great too and so are the detectives, Dupont and Dupond.
I never thought of Tin-Tin being gay, but I've had that thought about Batman and Robin though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Archery?
Oh, you were only 3, I see.
Origami then.... or Kendo.

I use to enjoy punching my little fists through their nice little rice paper window panes. The Japanese people were very kind and did not beat my arrogant young American ass to death. They were very tolerant in the 50s, I am living proof.
We should all write to Jordan's blog. No don't, he's busy.;)

"I had always said, when you get them to hating you then you know that you are doing your job well."

(Shakespeare Never Did This, chpt 16)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back