Need a literal translation. (1 Viewer)

"Only after the first pack of beer you can calmly look at the world" - that phrase really belongs to Bukowski? If so, how it sounds in the original?
I'm from Odessa and badly know English - I too lazy to teach him.
Thanks in advance.

I know a girl from Odessa, who lives in my city. She just turned 18 two weeks ago and is now learning the job of a professional photographer. She speaks Russian, Ukrainian, German and English. She's pretty cool. And savvy.

Anyway, I do seem to remember that quote you give. It sounds authentic.
Maybe someone of the autistic members can help you. Hank Solo?

Sorry, I pass.

Really I'm not sure that I understand what is being asked. Are you looking for an audio clip?

I think he read the sentence in a translated Buk book. If only he could tell us the English title or at least what the book is about.

Really I'm not sure that I understand what is being asked. Are you looking for an audio clip?

no, hankso! If that would be the case, I'd advised him to Bukfan.

Usually, when no-natives say things like "how it sounds in the original", they don't mean the 'SOUND', but it's about, like, "What is the correct quote in the original language".

So I get, he is looking for the original quote of a sentence by Bukowski that he has 'translated back' from a translation and would be something like "Only after the first pack of beer you can calmly look at the world".

EDIT:
Bukfan was too fast for me.
Well, I should go to sleep anyway.

"Frankly, I was horrified by life, at what a man had to do simply in order to eat, sleep, and keep himself clothed. So I stayed in bed and drank. When you drink the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn't have you by the throat." Factotum This is sort of the idea you are thinking of Mr. Odessa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back