Nine Bluegill (1 Viewer)

Thank you. Just a little late night ruminating I composed last night at Carver's Dog. I wish I had a scanner so I could share the photo.

Rather than duplicate yourself, why not add a link to your blog as a signature? It's quite simple.

Click here

and add http://carversdog.wordpress.com/ to your signature.

You'll certainly get more visitors and this way.

Thanks, HS, I will do that. Believe it or not, I don't like using this venue for self-promotion (that's not what I'm here for) but I think I will add that to my sig. Thanks for the suggestion.

Good post! I don't think I've tasted bluegill.
Thanks for sharing, CarversDog!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, Falcune, you're from Ohio, so you would know the taste of blue gill.

Bukfan, it's very similar to catfish, if you have ever partaken.

Okay ... it's cooked like wiener schnitzel(I lived in Germany for three years) but it's fish instead of veal.

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice, Carver. growing up in TN i used to go to the lake behind my house with my dad and brother and fish for bluegill, perch, bass, etc...brings back memories for sure. thanks for sharing.

and for those of you who haven't had fried catfish, well, get some asap!!! very delicious...

I have to disagree with CarversDog. Perhaps my tastebuds are dead but I don't think bluegill taste much like catfish. I always get the stronger "fishy" taste from catfish. And maybe again, I'm cooking it wrong. I don't even care much for catfish but bluegill in the cornmeal like CarversDog had said in his blog is very good and the exact same way I cook mine most of the time.

I have to disagree with CarversDog. Perhaps my tastebuds are dead but I don't think bluegill taste much like catfish. I always get the stronger "fishy" taste from catfish. And maybe again, I'm cooking it wrong. I don't even care much for catfish but bluegill in the cornmeal like CarversDog had said in his blog is very good and the exact same way I cook mine most of the time.

I don't eat catfish, but the experts here say the trick is to soak it in milk for about an hour or two before you cook it. (my boss' son catches lots of fish)

Carver's Dog's blog brings back some great memories. Thank you Rodger.

I don't eat catfish, but the experts here say the trick is to soak it in milk for about an hour or two before you cook it. (my boss' son catches lots of fish)

Will try. Thanks again, Gerard. You always come through. Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you I tried that George Foreman PBJ sandwich and it was f'ing marvelous like Marvin Hagler.

And, CarversDog, fish stories will always get my attention. Thanks again for posting.

From my boyhood fishing days in Pennsylvania, I remember bluegill to taste a lot like its larger cousin, the crappie. Except we rarely ate bluegill because they were usually too small to bother with. Their main charm was their entertainment value ... then as now, I had the attention span of a fruit fly on crack. So while my mom and dad were happy as clams sitting in the boat waiting for nothing to happen all day, I could stand on the banik of the lake with a can of worms and catch them and throw them back and catch them again for hours. A great boyhood memory ... thanks for the stimulus, Carver's Dog!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back