Nirvana - Check out this beautiful homage to Bukowski's Nirvana (1 Viewer)

I liked it very much. excellent cinematography.

it had a bit of a Terrence Malick vibe to it. good stuff.

I may be in the minority, but I like it.

Of course, I HAVE to make a couple comments, well, only one.

1) Should copyright also be listed as Nirvana (C) by Charles Bukowski (or Linda Lee Bukowski for that matter). I know that the movie is one thing to copyright, but you can't neglect the writer.

That's a pretty classy little film. Of course the reading is pretty much a close impression of the Tom Waits recording of the poem. And I agree with Bill, I think the estate's copyright should be stated.

Loved it. The feeling was similar in some ways to Wim Wenders' Wings of Desire - the same melancholic atmosphere.
Wings of Desire is a great movie. The American version is crap. Also great are Wender's other movies. I really liked Faraway, So Close and Until the End of the World. Also, Wenders is clearly a Nick Cave fan as his music is featured pretty prominently in all of these movies...

Bill

I am not going to shy away from the fact that I was the biggest U2 fan. I was an impressionable 14 year older with beautiful and cool older female cousins who helped make them appealing I'm sure. That being said, U2 are easy to dislike. I get that. Maybe they're too easy to dislike. And whenever they come out w/ new music it is very annoying that they become ubiquitous.

Oh, right. Wenders & Nick Cave are excellent.

Liked it, but something about the reading lagged. Pbly because Waits does it so much better.
But still like it.
Would have been even better with Waits' version.

Oh, and nice touch with the name H. Chinaski in the upper right corner of the notebook.

If you can, please take 2 seconds to vote for our film on Short Of The Week! Be sure to give a full 3 votes! Thanks! No sign up necessary just click vote!
I think that was very well done. Music by the Kronos Quartet by any chance?

Look - I'd love to vote for your short, but you didn't give me the opportunity to see what you are up against. Let's face it, for the most part, we are unknown faces on the internet. Your film was good. Very good in fact. But why should I vote for your film over another? Liking Bukowski is not sufficient justification. This comes up on websites all over the place. I'm not going to vote for you simply because you ask, or simply because we have similar literary tastes (and I'm not convinced that we even have that).

But I can give you this: that worked. Well. So, well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back