nomeansno (1 Viewer)

jordan

lothario speedwagon
anyone listen to these guys? i just started a few weeks ago and feel like a total dipshit for never doing so before.

they're playing 4 shows around the bay area in october, and i'm going to at least two of them.

i know it's blasphemous, but after listening to them, i must conclude that the bass guitar was always meant to be played with a pick.

Yes. Nomeansno did a record with Jello Biafra, 'Last Screams of the Missing Neighbours', if I'm not mistaken. That was quite a while ago, end of the eighties, I think. I don't own that piece, but remember it as very good, so you might want to give it a try if you like the voice.

I recommend 'Small Parts Isolated and Destroyed' & 'Sex Mad'.

Better you found out late about this great band than never :D.

Nomeansno, oh ya! They also do a side project called the hanson brothers. Sounds pretty much like the ramones but if the ramones liked hockey.
And if you like nomeansno check out the minutemen. Very similar.

Now wait a minute...

I have to eat my filet mignon with a spork. Doctor's orders.

Also, I've never heard of the band in question. But I like the name, so I may give them a looksee.

Nomeansno, oh ya! They also do a side project called the hanson brothers. Sounds pretty much like the ramones but if the ramones liked hockey.
And if you like nomeansno check out the minutemen. Very similar.

Never really payed attention to nomeansno (or another Victoria, BC, band from the same 80s era, The Dayglo Abortions). Interesting connection about The Hanson Brothers, they were the fictional trio of hockey players that showed up with their "toys" (slot cars) and "put on the foil" in the Paul Newman movie, Slapshot. Three Geddy Lee lookalikes on skates.

I see from youtube nomeansno covered The Subhuman's Oh Canaduh. That's kinda cool.

i had actually heard the hanson brothers before hearing nomeansno - which is pretty odd, i think. they do a mean ramones ripoff act.

Interesting connection about The Hanson Brothers, they were the fictional trio of hockey players that showed up with their "toys" (slot cars) and "put on the foil" in the Paul Newman movie, Slapshot. Three Geddy Lee lookalikes on skates.

ya thats where they get thier name, from the slapshot movie. they all wear big black eye glasses with tape in the middle. except for the bass player he wears a jason style hockey mask with DUMB written across the top, and they act like dorky guys. i think that they started it as a joke and it just took off. they rip off the ramones blaintly on perpose.

Here are the boys

or this boys

p1_hanson.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back