Not much to go on but can't find this poem please help (1 Viewer)

I'm looking for a specific poem and I swear it used to be on elephant.com but google telling me that there is no longer a website called that. The poem has a line that said " I cannot remove u from my skin" I know it's not much to go on but I would really like to read that poem again

First of all, if the line you've cited actually includes "remove u" (you put the quote in quotation marks, so I'm assuming that's the actual line) then I can guarantee that Buk didn't write it. If you were looking to save 3/5ths of a second (yes, that's a Jefferson Airplane reference) of your life by not typing "you" then I have no interest in helping you. We deal with real language here; not "phone text/speak."

That said, I've read almost every poem Buk ever wrote and I don't recall that particular line and I think that it would have stood out to me. But I can't claim knowledge/remembrance of every line.

Last edited:
You're right (as usual) PS: no mention of removing someone from Buk's skin not only in his (published) poems but also in his stories, novels, essays, etc.

Sounds more like a Sinatra song lyric anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back