Notes of a dirty young frog (1 Viewer)

I realised I already posted without introducing myself.
Well I m french and I'm 22. I study American literature and I am a big fan of Bukowski.
I found this site by chance and I must say there are many interesting threads in it. It seems like it is the right place to share B's passion or informations (or to get insulted sometimes ;))
Hope I could contribute to this site myself one day.
A bientot

I m from the north of France and so I am afraid I won t be in Paris in september, but who knows? Just remind me of that a few weeks or days before you come, and maybe we could enjoy some drinks, talking of Bukowski, Kingcargo.
And I am very glad you never called it freedom fries Gerard K H love; there's nothing free about eating fries ;)

PS Ponder, I didn't read this book and I didn't know it existed. Did you find it good?

And I am very glad you never called it freedom fries Gerard K H love; there's nothing free about eating fries ;)

They used to give me shit at work because they would order from menus and have lunch delivered to the office every day. There was one place that called it "Freedom Fries" and I always refused to order from there. Any time that they placed the order, they would say "That's right, Bill won't eat there because of the fries". They thought that it was stupid, but they are french fries or papas fritas, but NEVER freedom fries.

I think that justin barrett wrote a poem once that mentioned freedom fries, a freedom kiss and using a freedom tickler. Great stuff...

Bill

Or pommes frites. I had to learn that fast in Switzerland or I would have died from starvation. ;)

in germany it's also Pommes Frittes. ('pomme' is french for 'potatoe'.) the everage german wouldn't even know what you're talking about asking for 'French fries'.

"You know what they call french fries in Europe?"
"They don't call them french fries?"
"No man. They got the metric system."

Now wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
2601875188_23e701302b_o.jpg

Le Potatoes Royale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back