Om Swastiastu (1 Viewer)

That's funny, when I was on the road as a musician people in a new town would often ask, "What are you doing here?" And I would say, "Just here tasting your daughters." So it appears we are cut from the same cloth.

"Oh Swastika" to you too!

Huh?

"Scratch a Swastika into your head
Dance around a fire wearing goat skin legs
The cult of personality none shall resist
I'm bigger than the devil combined with Schindler's list."

Are you a fan of S.O.D., AntiSheep?

...sharkbait if I hear something so similar to Swastika, like saying " Hi Hitly."
He or she could prove me wrong if there's another meaning behind Om Swastiastu.

I think Om Swastiastu is Hindi for "may God bless you". Perhaps AntiSheep subscribes to some kinda Eastern religion...

AntiSheep, step back! Step away from the keyboard and run...run like hell and don't look back. These are some very dangerous waters you're treading in and you don't want to go under. The bottom is littered with the likes of you.

But if you stay, enjoy the reading.

And the Buddha was often pictured with a swastika; a sign of purity of mind. That the swastika was used in another context does not change its original meaning, and why would one jump to the negative meaning over the positive one? It's also my understanding that in some Eastern nations it is still a symbol with good connotations.

Not that the original poster ever used the word, of course.

Ehm, we all know what happened under the Swastika Flag in Germany and Europe, its meaning has forever been changed. I mean, the original Skinhead Movement has also started out free of racism and Nazi ideology, but who would ignore what has happened in the meantime? - Just to compare...

For instance, if I see a pack of tea with a Swastika print in an Asia food store, I know there's nothing bad about it, but I wouldn't buy it because that sign means nothing but atrocities to me.

But what I'm really interested in is what AntiSheep thinks about us...and this discussion.

This is hilarious...I was urged to check this site out by some of Buk's "Inner Circle", but was warned about posting on the forum due to the touchy nature of some of the, "regulars". I'm really glad that I refrained from uploading my avatar. It would've really set this introductory shindig off with a bang.

...sharkbait if I hear something so similar to Swastika, like saying " Hi Hitly."
He or she could prove me wrong if there's another meaning behind Om Swastiastu.
I'd suggest taking a deep breath and gaining some power in the form of knowledge, prior to posting from the hip...I mean, GOOGLE is just a few key strokes away.

I think Om Swastiastu is Hindi for "may God bless you". Perhaps AntiSheep subscribes to some kinda Eastern religion...
Actually, I'm kind of a freelance religious believer who tends to research the history of all religious beliefs. As opposed to the fairy tales. I feel that a great deal of religions/cults have much positive and helpful beliefs, along with the negative.

Bali Indonesia, is the most incredible place that I have ever visited.Om Swastiastu is a Balinese Hindu welcoming greeting. When you leave, you say, "Om Santi(Shanti) Santi(Shanti) Santi(Shanti) Om". Depending on who you ask in Bali, Om Swastiastu translates into: "May God shower grace upon you" / "Prayers for auspiciousness & well-being of all"

Om refers to The Supreme , God , Swasti refers to well being, Shanti means peace.

Om Santi Santi Santi, Om:
May peace be everywhere

AntiSheep, step back! Step away from the keyboard and run...run like hell and don't look back. These are some very dangerous waters you're treading in and you don't want to go under. The bottom is littered with the likes of you.

But if you stay, enjoy the reading.

The likes of me?

Ah, my bad.

See how things can spiral out of control if you're not paying attention?
It's funny how the sinnernet strong arms people's minds.

Huh?

"Scratch a Swastika into your head
Dance around a fire wearing goat skin legs
The cult of personality none shall resist
I'm bigger than the devil combined with Schindler's list."

Are you a fan of S.O.D., AntiSheep?
Nope. Not a SOD fan.

And the Buddha was often pictured with a swastika; a sign of purity of mind. That the swastika was used in another context does not change its original meaning, and why would one jump to the negative meaning over the positive one? It's also my understanding that in some Eastern nations it is still a symbol with good connotations.

Not that the original poster ever used the word, of course.

DING! DING! DING! WINNER!!! Purple Stickpin. See what happens when you don't think sheepish minded.

Not only is it now apparent that I wasn't speaking of a nazi swastika but it displays how society is so brainwashed out of fear. Anything remotely close to the word swastika gets misinterpreted.
As Purple Stickpin mentioned; The swastika does have a far greater history aside from how Hitler pillaged that positive symbol. Not only did Buddha have it tattooed on the bottom of both feet but it also holds great history within the Native American culture.
As a side note; The Avatar that I was going to upload has a swastika on it. No, not the Hitler version but the one that is on the apron of The Master of the Flying Guillotine.
Om Santi Santi Santi Om

Ehm, we all know what happened under the Swastika Flag in Germany and Europe, its meaning has forever been changed. I mean, the original Skinhead Movement has also started out free of racism and Nazi ideology, but who would ignore what has happened in the meantime? - Just to compare...

For instance, if I see a pack of tea with a Swastika print in an Asia food store, I know there's nothing bad about it, but I wouldn't buy it because that sign means nothing but atrocities to me.

But what I'm really interested in is what AntiSheep thinks about us...and this discussion.

You probably wouldn't like Bali then, 'cause there are swastikas everywhere.

Welcome Antisheep, nice introduction. I just got back from SE Asia last month and you do see that symbol associated with Buddhism in many many places. Post Toxic you might want to stay away from Thailand, Cambodia and Laos as well.

The word swastika is derived from the Sanskrit word svastika (in Devanagari, स्वस्तिक), meaning any lucky or auspicious object, and in particular a mark made on persons and things to denote good luck.

It is to bad it's meaning is tarnished so horribly in the Westernized countries and was associated with truly evil events.

No, AntiSheep and strangegirl, I don't want to stay away from these places and I'm craving to visit Indonesia. They may eat swastika shaped cornflakes for breakfast there and it wouldn't bother me because they don't have the connection to the third reich on their minds, see?

I was urged to check this site out by some of Buk's "Inner Circle", but was warned about posting on the forum due to the touchy nature of some of the, "regulars".
I know, some of these fuckers are just stupid, aren't they?

Finally, someone who gets it.

Yeah, especially I am especially stupid. What the fuck do you expect a stupid German to think about when it comes to SWASTIKAS!
Ashanti Basmati oh I better shut up.

This is hilarious...I was urged to check this site out by some of Buk's "Inner Circle", but was warned about posting on the forum due to the touchy nature of some of the, "regulars".

Who, pray tell, are these "Inner Circle" people?

Bali Indonesia, is the most incredible place that I have ever visited.

I agree. I spent a couple of weeks there several years ago (mostly staying in Ubud, away from the tourists) and it really is a magical place. We stayed in a thatch-roofed hut on the edge of a rice paddy. There was a temple across the paddy from where we could hear gamelan music playing all night.

I got bit by a monkey when I was there. I remember having this sinking feeling immediately after and thinking "I sure as fuck don't want to have to get treated for rabies in a third world country." Happily, I didn't get treated and never developed rabies.

Another monkey pissed down my not-yet-wife's back. Now THAT was funny.

I don't kiss n tell, Chronic.

Ubud is a great place to stay. Especially being the epicenter of the art scene on Bali. I also love the stone carving warehouses in nearby, Batubulan.
Had an inside tip to see the monkeys at Uluwatu intead of the Monkey Forest in Ubud because of how aggressive those monkeys are. I ended up with some really nice up close and personal photos of 'em at Uluwatu. However, a friend of mine had her sunglases snatched right off her face. Fastest jab I've ever seen.

I stayed at a friends beach villa in Canggu. It was close enough to make quick little hit in run trips to the touristy areas of Seminyak, Legian and Kuta(Waikiki of Bali). At the same time it was far enough away so that I could experience the more rural and traditional aspects of the culture. And boy did I...Wore traditional temple garb and went to a wedding where the the bride and groom were up all night doing things like hunting a pig and preparing it for the ceremony. This was such a spiritual ceremony that the grandfather was trippin' on magic mushies.

Man I need to get back there. Hopefully this Sept.

Had an inside tip to see the monkeys at Uluwatu intead of the Monkey Forest in Ubud because of how aggressive those monkeys are.
I know what you mean. I was urged to check out the Uluwatu monkeys by some of Joaquin Phoenix's "inner circle," but was warned not to visit the thieving Ubud's due to the touchy nature of some of those "monkeys."

Hey, my girlfriend wants to know what the hell you have against sheep. What did sheep ever do to you? Seems like a valid question.

That's what I would have thought too if it weren't for his "wise, knowing chuckle from far above the riff-raff" responses. Those are very predictable from a certain type of "enlightened" hippie douchebag (who are, incidentally, exactly like regular douchebags with the exception of their bland but nutritious granola coating). I wonder if there is a Balinese phrase for "enlightened hippie douchebag"?

Anyway, since that obviously does not apply to our new friend, I think you must be wrong, and he just hates sheep. Weird.

careful! he's in the "INNER CIRCLE" - well, not sure if he's actually inside the circle or just outside the inner circle circling the circle...anyways, mind yourself

Now to be fair, he said he was "urged" by some of Bukowski's "inner circle," not that he was a member. He is not making wild claims! In fact he is making no claims. As he cannot speak their names (I think that is what he meant when he said he does not "kiss and tell" -- unless he's fucking these inner circleites, and wants to keep it on the downlow, in which case I stand corrected).

A more relevant question might be, does a dead man have an inner circle? If so, I would think it mainly consists of worms.

So, in extrapolation, I believe this guy is saying that he speaks to the worms. Probably on some level we cannot comprehend.

---

And cue chuckling response from on high in 3...2...

Baa Baa Bukowski sheep
have you any posts:rolleyes:

Well I'm glad our new friend is not a follower and would not let anyone lead him astray. Like there haven't been several herds of old burned out hippies flocking to Bali to get their spiritual groove on. Kerouac is where it's at, but you didn't run with that herd, did you.

If you want to talk sheep let me introduce you to my corgi. He is the only Bukowski insider, if there is such a person.;)

I know, some of these fuckers are just stupid, aren't they?

Finally, someone who gets it.

So you are under the impression that touchy means stupid?

To answer your girlfriend's question; My parents were ravaged by sheep when I was an infant. I was left to be raised by monkeys in the rain forest of the Ayung River.

That's what I would have thought too if it weren't for his "wise, knowing chuckle from far above the riff-raff" responses. Those are very predictable from a certain type of "enlightened" hippie douchebag (who are, incidentally, exactly like regular douchebags with the exception of their bland but nutritious granola coating). I wonder if there is a Balinese phrase for "enlightened hippie douchebag"?

Anyway, since that obviously does not apply to our new friend, I think you must be wrong, and he just hates sheep. Weird.

Wow! You have a funny way of interpreting things. Everybody needs to release their negativity somewhere though. I'm glad to be of assistance to you.

So let me get this straight; You and a few others got butt hurt and ignorantly responded to the usage of Om Swastiastu. A couple of other people and I respond with knowledge and that means I'm trying to have some holier than thou attitude? That's funny.

Do you really have that much of an ego that you feel that I'm at all motivated to impress you?

Baa Baa Bukowski sheep
have you any posts:rolleyes:

Well I'm glad our new friend is not a follower and would not let anyone lead him astray. Like there haven't been several herds of old burned out hippies flocking to Bali to get their spiritual groove on. Kerouac is where it's at, but you didn't run with that herd, did you.

If you want to talk sheep let me introduce you to my corgi. He is the only Bukowski insider, if there is such a person.;)

Hippie? Sorry, but once again your ASSumptions are wrong.

Let me offer a little clarity...
There's a bit of Irony regarding your bunched up panties over the term, "Inner Circle", and why I originally put it in quotation marks.
During the conversation that prompted me to check out this website and forum, the term "Inner Circle" was used while we were discussing the gang mentality that people have when posting on sinnernet forums. We agreed that it doesn't matter if a person is visiting a forum for Martha Stewart, Oprah, Fox News or Charles Bukowski; Most sheep adopt this ridiculous high school like gang mentality.
So is this your attempt of a cyber jump-in? LOL

And just for the record, the conversation about this site was overwhelmingly positive. I was also told that there are a lot of righteous people on this site. The only negative aspect that was discussed was regarding the gang mentality as well as how some people on this forum have some sort of Bukowski ego and they feel that they have worked their way up through some pecking order that doesn't exist.

So are you guys Buk Bloods or Crips?

In regard to Bali; I am extremely proud of my experiences there and will always love to talk about the people and their culture.
I didn't go there for some 60's hippie enlightenment that was ignorantly eluded to.
I went there to not only surf some of the greatest waves on this planet but to help disadvantaged children by bringing donated books to there school, helping out with the village's first community surf contest, initiated beach clean-ups and helped to teach the kids about safety precautions regarding malaria as well as how they need to react during Tsunami's.
Also, as a lifelong artist, I went to soak in their empowering art scene.

The villa that I stayed in is owned by a friend of mine who has been helping that village for the last 30+ years. She has helped teach those women countless trades so that they make money and empower themselves. So yea, I have some excellent connections in which I feel extremely fortunate to have.
You also missed the point regarding my monkey forest inside tip. It wasn't much of an inside tip since my friend had her sunglasses snatched right off of her face.

Here's another shocker for you stereotype lovers...
I'm not some aspiring writer who's hero is Bukowski. No I don't collect Bukowski memorabilia either. And no I don't own every book that Bukowski has ever written. I also don't pretend to be some bukowski know it all, in fact an overwhelming majority of you on this site know far more about him than I do.
Part of my interest in Bukowski has to do with my love of Los Angeles, since this is where I've lived my entire life.

I also enjoyed reading Bukowski's raw descriptions of the skid row area because of how much time that i spent at the Main St. Gym, which caused some of Buk's Books to really hit home.

I know that it's beyond your comprehension but it is possible for somebody to talk to family/friends of Bukowski without press releases going out to the warden of Bukowski.net.

Congratulations on getting one ASSumption right though. Yes I am a male. But no this is not my computer or email address in which I registered with. I make an extra effort to keep my personal information far away from sinnernet forums.
So... How's the test working out so far?
Fine thanx.

Oh well,... I like the gang bang mentality around here a lot. Mainly because of my ignorance towards inner swastika circles, you see, ignorance saves the day.

And cue chuckling response from on high in 3...2...

You and a few others got butt hurt and ignorantly responded to the usage of Om Swastiastu.
For someone who uses "lol" so much, you certainly are a humorless twat.

And a hippie.

...your bunched up panties over the term, "Inner Circle"...
No one has "bunched up panties" over the term. We are mocking you. In the real world people will not mock you to your face, because societal norms usually prevent that kind of thing. They want to mock you, trust me, but they don't.

You also missed the point regarding my monkey forest inside tip.
See: humorless twat, above.

I also enjoyed reading Bukowski's raw descriptions of the skid row area because of how much time that i spent at the Main St. Gym...
Wow, you have lived on the edge! I hope you locked the Volvo doors when you were coming and going from your Yoga class.

...sinnernet...sinnernet...sinnernet...
This is where you show you true colors and expose yourself for who you really are.

I know that it's beyond your comprehension, but that term personifies and fairly oozes the elitism that informs your every word. You can dip into this sinful place that hypnotizes the masses because you are superior to them. You sound like a typical evangelical type, or Republican politician, working tirelessly to regulate everything "harmful" for that sad, idiotic "commoner," who would surely fade away into a cesspool of depravity and disease if it weren't for your shining white intervention. Oh, but of course you can continue to partake in all these harmful things yourself, because you are certainly morally strong enough to ward off the long term negative effects.

So we have established that you are a humorless twat, pretentious hippie douchebag and "freelance religious believer who tends to research the history of all religious beliefs" (read: I am lily white, born into a world of relative ease and entitlement and utterly devoid of any interesting history, so I seek my history from those more authentic, and my brief observation of those authentic cultures makes me superior to you). In short, a dilettante and dabbler, desperate to make himself stand out from the masses he will never be able to separate himself from.

I knew all this from your first post in this thread, and knew that one little poke with a stick would bring it all out. Am I a genius? Why, yes I am! But it doesn't take a genius to spot your type. You are hardly unique. We see the likes of you (yes, the likes of you - you are not, as you imagine yourself to be, special, or unique among humanity, sorry) quite regularly and the results of your appearances are monotonously predictable.

You are correct in only one thing you've said, there is indeed a "gang mentality" here. It serves to keep us free of petty irritants in life. People like yourself. That irritation and disruption comes in different forms, but the end result is always the same. You will be gone, harboring grudges and fantasies that you have been victimized by groupthink and cliquishness (because it couldn't possibly be your fault that so many people find you unpleasant), and we will remain, unperturbed by blowhards, morons and simpletons.

Or something like that.

Hey, I think I met you at Track 16. Were you wearing an off white knit cap and matching ensemble? If so, you have a nice smile.

Any way I'm sorry to hear you grew up on a sheep ranch.

This was one of the most entertaining introductions I've ever read, especially mjps responses...Oh well looks like it's ended.

He never had anything to add anyway. I can just imagine his posts in the "what I had for dinner" thread if he had hung around ---

Fire-roasted Omulu Olagato nuts harvested by pygmies (don't bother Googling it, you will find nothing, they pygmies only give the nuts to those they trust and accept as brethren), with a tin cup of plain yogurt, home made from a culture that I smuggled into the country from the Himalayas in a goat's bladder. I topped it off with rattlesnake blood sipped from a chalice made of a human skull that I harvested myself in Borneo. I can't tell you how I harvested it. LOL!

Now that was good. I think you have him down pat.

I want Sheep hater to come back and tell us who's in Bukowski's Inner Circle. It probably includes people like Gary Coleman and a few old trolls from Bukowski. net's past.

Wow! Look at what Google gives you for Bukowski's Inner Circle: http://www.google.com/search?q=buko...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Now that's very funny. It just shows you what a pant load some people can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously he is in some exotic foreign locale teaching savages how to brush their teeth and wipe their asses. During his off hours he is catching some rad waves and attending various spiritual ceremonies revolving around hallucinogens.

I miss swastika, and wish he would come back and teach us. Such a brave and pure man. Such a wise soul. Such a righteous Hodad and gnarly longboard Waldo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back