one for the Jag (1 Viewer)

Ol' Scott Harrison just posted this one: was in Notes of a Dirty Old Man column.

$T2eC16JHJIMFHJNgbBhnBSIsMcK,DQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJEkFIgvq3iVPBSIsMfbUS!~~60_57.JPG

Not according to Harrison...
Harrison is not generally a good source for what was published and what was not. His only references appear to be Krumhansl and Fogel. If they missed something, Harrison will list it as "uncollected."

Having said that, I don't see the poem in any collections. It probably won't make it into the database here until the manuscript is added. That's usually how it works. I don't like to add titles with no reference (though there are a few of those in there).

How can anyone argue that this is not the best Bukowski website in the world? The gems keep coming from all angles. Every other time you turn the computer on there is some new awesome thing to view. I would not have imagined in a hundred years that Buk would have sat through a Stones concert. I am stunned and kind of happy to hear that he did that.

He wrote a review of a stones concert for Rolling Stone Magazine.
I think he liked them and 'The Jag." more than he'd like to admit. I know he liked Janis Joplin more than a little.

I know he liked Janis Joplin more than a little.
You are right about that sir. I read in either "Screams from the Balcony" or "Living on Luck" that he wrote an 8 page tribute or prose or whatever you want to call it, about Janis when she died. The he tore the thing up (do you believe it!!!) because he said in the letter to whoever he was writing to that it was filled with LOVE.

So you know how sometimes Buk has to maintain this tough bastard reputation he couldn't let this loving, heartbreaking tribute to Janis to be released. He couldn't allow it to be revealed to anyone. He couldn't allow his broken heart to be revealed. He couldn't allow it to be known that he had a heart. He tore it up. Eight pages of intense sensitivity.

Buk LOVED Janis!!!

He couldn't allow it to be known that he had a heart. He tore it up.
Me and Your Sometimes Love Poems would be an unfortunate exception to this approach. I'd have preferred that he rip that one up instead of the Janis piece.

I think I got the tense of that correct. Ah, who cares? No one deals with grammar anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back