Outsider...Folk... (1 Viewer)

esart: not only is mjp a lucky man, he's a very lucky man. And you have a great eye. I suppose you are lucky too, but you remind me of my wife and what she has to put up with. ;)

Art is so damn subjective; I really like what you've posted, but I don't love it. But it's very good in it's own way. It doesn't matter what category it fits into, if y'all like it.

more from our collection:

Matt Sesow:

girl.jpg

luikum.jpg

paradise.jpg

Annie Grgich

bucoda.jpg

hwbm.jpg

road.jpg

There is no shortage of amazing art from her. This is the first one that I pulled up. Just one of many amazing, amazing pieces...
Bill

illuminated.jpg

now it works???

father you have the magic touch.

Wondering... does Buk declare himself an Outsider on the cover of 'Living on Luck'?

hummmm

he calls himself an Outsider...

Carterofmars said:
Wondering... does Buk declare himself an Outsider on the cover of 'Living on Luck'?

hummmm

he calls himself an Outsider...

====================================
2636296290_d376d281ef_o.jpg

Actually no. He is referencing this:

2636291508_a79a2615fd.jpg

====================================

Outsider writer = one thing
Outsider artist = a completely different thing
Debating what is "outsider art" = priceless!

Wait, I misspelled pointless. ;)

I like those joe. Remind me of the artwork from an old British childrens' cartoon series, Mr Benn, drawn by David McKee.

mrbenn_2.jpg

You can't beat a bit of nostalgia on a Sunday.

I wonder why that's so definitive? MJP your quick to close the door. You mean to say that if say a Tiger Woods called himself a golfer than he ain't one period? If george Bush called himself a president then he ain't one period? (I couldn't resist that one..lol)

If one writes can they not call themselves a writer?

Really don't understand why an artist is any different. ;)

I wonder why that's so definitive? MJP your quick to close the door. You mean to say that if say a Tiger Woods called himself a golfer than he ain't one period?
As it applies to art, the term "outsider" is very definitive. The point I was trying to make was that a real outsider does not have a blogger account. Or email. Or a computer. And they would not call themselves, "Outsider/visionary in the truest sense of the word." They wouldn't know what the hell that means, and they don't have any use for our definitions anyway.

Otherwise, sure, anyone can call themselves anything. I can call myself King Of All Former British Colonies. That doesn't make it true.

Honestly, I don't think Buk's paintings are exactly the same vital source material that his poems are and neither did he. OUTSIDER ? FOLK ?

If there is an afterlife, I'd say that Buk is having a good laugh at our obsession with his visual art. :>)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back