pimpin' ain't easy... (1 Viewer)

and neither is selling poetry.

but let's give it a shot. my new chapbook Death Is My Subject is now available.

you can check out all the info H E R E. it's also available in a DELUXE edition, for those who are into that sort of thing.

</pimp>

I just ordered myself a deluxe copy as well, few days ago when I saw this post.
Looks mighty fine, sir.
Nice work!
I'll be reading this collection within a circle of candles and wearing a goat's head.

how strange...

the Deluxe was originally slated to come packaged in its own goat's head but there were...let's say...problems...with shipping.

so leah went with the crepe paper instead.

it is cursed though, so that's a plus, I think...

Hell, the poetry game is a minefield, but would you elaborate on the pimping?

p.s. I know a halal butcher in Brooklyn who's got more goat heads than he knows what to do with...maybe you guys could cut a deal...

georgia, eh? I only recently escaped that state's gravitationally strong pull of stupid into the sweet and fine orbit of asheville, nc.

the "pimpin'" refers only to the self-pimpery of my lowly poetry these days as I've hung up my official "pimp hand." I've been out of "the game" for years now; all my ex-bitches are now safely ensconced in various crucial government services, and are fucking this country nicely.

I might take you up on that bulk goat head offer as I have another "poetry" project that requires a number of animal heads as well as an oil drum of naval jelly, twenty feet of sturdy chain, a handful of mescaline, a circular saw and two packets of instant oatmeal. I'll send word by telegram when I get the details sorted...

a great big THANKS to everyone here who picked up a copy of the either the regular edition or the Deluxe; the first impression is sold out and the second is well on its way. hope you all enjoy the read.

I have ordered a DX version... I am excited. I may even order a less deluxe model down the line for a friend... Friends should let friends read more poetry...

Nice work! I'll be reading this collection within a circle of candles and wearing a goat's head.
Pretty funny MS,

Cunningham, I did love the content of the pinata and I had to destroy the black wrapping paper to get to it. I did not have a goat's head to wear but I have a racoon hat with flaps which can replace the former suggestion.

Seriously, good work Chris! love the poetry, the imagery.
...some nightmares are unafraid of the dawn.
The little black books.
Everyone should get them, they are precious.

a more proper email soon, Chris, but since i'm here:

i absolutely loved the collection. very nicely presented. i contemplated keeping the whole wrapped affair intact, but then i wouldn't be able to read what was inside. it was a tough decision, but i tore into it and read everything. great stuff, as usual. the broadside poem is phenomenal!

great job...

I stared at it for a few days before finally deciding to unwrap it with great care and finesse, which at times I do possess on certain occasions, such as these.
Well worth it. Strong poems.
Beautifully done Chris. Two thumbs up. If I had more, they would be given.

yeah, I had a bit of trouble unwrapping it too without destroying the paper; takes surgeon skills, which I lack. but the thing turned out great I think, and leah did a dandy design job all around.

the raccoon flap hat is an acceptable substitution for the goat's head. it says so in the rule book...

thanks again for all the kind words, y'all...

I might take you up on that bulk goat head offer as I have another "poetry" project that requires a number of animal heads as well as an oil drum of naval jelly, twenty feet of sturdy chain, a handful of mescaline, a circular saw and two packets of instant oatmeal. I'll send word by telegram when I get the details sorted...
Mescaline and circular saws, that'll mean trouble for sure. Dwight York lives!

I got my copy today (it was a painful month of waiting, but I managed to forget about it temporarily so it was a nice surprise). I've only read a couple, but the ones I've read are great... keep up the good work (to both poet and publisher).

awesome, glad that bad boy finally arrived...

thanks for the good words and I hope the entirety does right by you.

also, if anyone missed out on the sold out first impression of the Deluxe, there are about ten copies left of the second and final impression.

get yours, for yourself, for jesus, for santa or your mama; I hear poetry is all the rage this holiday season!

That's funny, I heard rage was the new poetry. For the holidays. Which just goes to show that you can't trust the media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back