Poem about father (1 Viewer)

Can someone tell me the name of this poem, in Neeli Cherkovski's biography, Bukowski: A Life, where Buk writes a poem about his father's death? I can't really remember, but it was something about him visiting his father's house to collect or get rid of his things, and I think acknowledging their similarities .. or something like that.

Thanks

sah

Great. Do you know where I could get a copy of it online? I really don't want to drive to the library for it, and need it for something I'm writing about Buk.

sah

There's an amazing new thing called Google. You should check it out. You can type in stuff like "Bukowski poem twins" and it will magically search the whole god damn internet and find everything that matches!

There's an amazing new thing called Google. You should check it out. You can type in stuff like "Bukowski poem twins" and it will magically search the whole god damn internet and find everything that matches!

thanks maJorP, I actually have some training with computers. But if you can locate the poem, thanks x 10

And while you're at it mjp, I lost my reading glasses last week.
I know they're in the house, but I'd really appreciate it if you could look for them.

Thanks X 10!

Can you find it or no? Yeah, you can find archives - like the one on this site - that have the title underlined, but clicking on it doesn't bring you to the actual poem.

I had pork medallions lightly sauteed in olive oil and garlic, diced spinach with Balsamic vinegar, Cajun rice, and Garlic bread. Home-made.

OKay, open your mouth,
here comes the 'plane...

Babyplane_2.jpg

Neeeeeyyyyyyooooowwwww!!!

hey, Mr. 'I don't believe in 'The Force' ' (according to the legendary flight from Tatooine to Alderaan):

you have Such a Good Heart!
Love!

Besides Hank Solo's, the poem is also on http://www.geocities.com/buk_page/homagebu.html. Incredibly enough, it was the first thing that popped up when I Googled "bukowski poem the twins" (without the quotes, of course.) The technology, she boggles the mind!

There is also a "grad school experiment" film based on the poem on YouTube at , but personally I was nodding off after the first minute and a half. But I know from experience that some of you have a lot more patience than I do, so you might want to check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back