Poem: Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame - Second Coming Vol.1 No. 2, Summer 1972 (1 Viewer)

Johannes

Founding member
Browsing around the database (god bless it!) I found this

So it seems, there was a poem too with that title: "Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame", published in Second Coming Vol.1, No.2, 1972? Or is it prose? Anybody got that one?

No spectacular find, it only shows that he had the title around years earlier before the book came out in '74. Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it seems, there was a poem too with that title: "Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame", published in Second Coming Vol.1, No.2, 1972? Or is it prose?
That would be a poem. Prose is listed in italics. I've never read it...

Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame - Second Coming Vol.1 No. 2, Summer 1972

See attached.

cover_sec_com_1_2_1972.jpg

burning_p1_sec_com_1_2_1972.jpg

Wow wow! That went fast! Now if you'd please scan the Write ... Thanks very much, hank solo! You blow me away.

Thanks a lot, HS! I liked the poem. Strange that it has'nt been collected. They should've included it in the Burning... book.

thanks Johannes and hank solo for bringing yet another obscure poem to my attention(and anyone elses that hasn't read it before)...

You're all very welcome. Its nice to have something that some of you haven't seen before. And I just uploaded some bigger scans, and not just for roni. ;)

very nice.
there's been a few nice treasures showing up here in the past week or so.
I'm a happy boy. and it's not just because it felt like summer here today.

Very welcome here too, although I just databased myself out of boredom. Mr. Solo did the work.

It does seem strange that it wasn't included in the book.

Thanks guys.

I wish he hadn't included the last 3 lines though.

Too cute.

It does seem strange it wasn't in the book.

"Good God, I forgot to put a carbon under this paper" :D

Yes, maybe he should'nt have finished the poem with a funny sentence like that, since it wasn't a funny poem...

(Good God, I just went black! Well, my name anyway - has it something to do with the Presidential Election?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back